1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

It Really Works!

Discussion in 'General' started by bkeros, May 23, 2012.

1. bkeros

bkeros Well-Known Member

I don't believe it....it really works!

I live in a heavily wooded area, and my chipmunk problem is out of control this year :crackup: I know it sounds silly, put they can really screw up your foundation if left to run rampant.

So I did a Google search to figure out if Al Gore and The Internets (my new band name, by the way!) could help me find an easy and cheap solution. Of course I considered consulting the Almighty Beeb...but figured I'd leave that option for more difficult problems!

There it was....The Solution! It seemed ridiculous in a red-neck sort of way...but perfect for exactly that reason! Take a 5 gallon bucket, fill it a bit less than 2/3rd's full of water, and cover the water with sunflower seeds. Put a 2 x 4 ramp from the ground to the edge of the bucket, making sure to line it with seeds all the way up.

Stand back and watch the greedy little bastards plop in!

Hahahahaa....yeah sure. Another internet myth - where's mythbusters when you need 'em?

So I did exactly that...set it up just as described. Sure enough....not even FIVE minutes later, a little rat started up that ramp, took a look over...saw an orgy of seeds....and PLOPPED RIGHT IN! Bingo!

Two min later another one made his way up, reached in and started grabbing the seeds while still holding on. "Water level's too high" I done thought to mahself. Lowered the water level...."PLOP!" Two down!

As now now....an hour into it...it's three little greedy foundation-destroying bastards down, a dozen to go! :rock:

2. R Acree

R Acree Banned

pics or it didn't happen.

3. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

You fuggin drownt Alvin and Theodore?

4. sbhockey

sbhockey Orange shirt #157

My dad's been doing a variation of that for years when he stores his boat in our barn over the winter. Keeps the mice from nesting in the boat.

5. tittys04

tittys04 Well-Known Member

you heartless prick.

6. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

That can't be from the BBS. The BBS would have told you the bucket, the ramp and the sunflower seeds but replaced the water with Nutec and add a remote detonator.

<Clack clack clack> *BOOM!!* "Die mother f@ckin' rodent bastards! Burn like the chipmunk potroast left in a 500 degree oven that you are!"

que the dancing naked around the burning bucket, burning house and most likely the burning hair on you head while singing the theme to Gilligan's Island.

7. james walker

james walker beat down, broken & busted

sure they're just cute rats but a pellet gun has to be a quicker way to go. :eek:

8. tittys04

you have to be able to aim a gun for that one ;)

9. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

Any easy ways like that to get rid of moles?? These bastards are digging up my yard like crazy...

10. james walker

i'm a dead eye for hire.

last summer a friend of mine had a rat problem in his shed out behind his house. we sat up 'til the we hours of the night with a scoped Crossman, a laser sighted CO2 pistol and a 12 pack sniping those lil' bastards. :cool:

11. james walker

i don't know about moles, but if you get yourself a 2x4 ramp, a 6ft. tall (or so) bucket filled to about 3 and half feet of water and a truck load of pink polo shirts you could, in theory, get rid of at least one moderator.

12. Lever

Lever Well-Known Member

that...sounds...awwwwweeesssommmmeee :rock:

13. SteveThompson

SteveThompson Banned by amafan

I've been doing that for years. It works great. Just don't forget to check the bucket. They'll sink and then rot at the bottom.

My assistant was using the same method. One day she came to work and said she looked in her bucket and saw two little noses poking up. She didn't have quite enough water in the bucket and they were standing on their tiptoes to breathe. So I said, "what did you do then?". She says, "I added a little more water".

14. Lever

Lever Well-Known Member

Does it work well with mice?

15. james walker

it was. i'd snipe 'em from across the yard and the one's that weren't an instant kill he'd go in with pistol cocked sideways, gangsta style, for the kill shot. POP POP POP

:D

16. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Yo... DUDE! You got issues?

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 23, 2012
  17. Sacko DougK

Sacko DougK Well-Known Member

I can't believe you all are waterboarding little furry animals.

We have rabbits here. Well.....had. The Westie is running out of play toys. A shovel finishes them off.

18. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Heck, Miz Mary's rat terrier eats everything but the ears!

19. tittys04

The rodents WISH they were just getting water boarded. Water boarding doesn't kill you.

20. Norton#357

Norton#357 Well-Known Member

You can get some mole bait that looks like worms, poke a hole in the tunnel and drop one in. We use it all the time and it works.
    Cats will do a number on chipmunks too.....but then you gotta figure out how to get rid of the cats.