1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ISO/WTB (2) 91-92 GSX-R 750 1mm over Suzuki pistons

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by El Skwid!, Nov 9, 2013.

1. El Skwid!

El Skwid! Old guy, old bikes

In my quest to return to V7 as a grid filler/back-marker, I'm rebuilding the 750.
    I have 2 fresh piston/ring sets, but need 2 more.
    Suzuki pistons, not Wiseco or JE.

It might be easier to just PM the two guys that might have them, but someone here may have some on a shelf in the back of the garage, or know a guy that knows a guy that had some last week.
    Yes, I know, evilbay, where do you think I found the first two?
    I thought that was a good find, until we got the motor open & found some mismatched pistons in there (Full Spectrum, don't ask, but it did run for 5 seasons or so), Initial diagnosis was low comp in two cylinders.

The math doesn't work with what I have. Suzuki no longer makes these, but the part # still shows.

Alternatively, anyone have a full Wiseco kit? or single piston sets, new?
    That is plan B, but puts a big dent in the budget. I expected new rings, but the other shop that worked on this, that shall remain nameless, botched the rings so badly they ate into the piston lands, FML.
    Be reasonable, check the 'bay for the ask price, but they ain't exactly flying off the shelf, either.

It's this or the Green Meanie ZX-7R project...who has a Sharkskinz race upper?

Last edited: Nov 9, 2013