1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is this insurance coverage unreasonable?

Discussion in 'General' started by Metalhead, Feb 26, 2018.

1. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

Get antique insurance for the FZR. I have it on my 2 FJ's, CB400F, RZ350. 4 bikes, full coverage at declared value for 240 per YEAR. Some caveats like less than 2000 miles per year which isn't a problem. The bikes need to be titled and in good condition. They want photos, etc. I use JP Taylor but there are several others that are just as good.

Metalhead likes this.
  2. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

No umbrella liability insurance? For the few bucks it cost for $1m in coverage to well worth it. When the neighborhood kids are running from the cops after a fun night of drinkin moonshine and cowtipping and they run through your yard, trip over the garden hose, and impale themselves on a fork left in the yard that Shaneqwa threw at you in 1989, they'll sue the shit out of you and you'll be happy you had it.

3. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

Don't know. Will ask Friday when I go to sign.

4. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

Thought about that but I use the shit out of them. Plus I'm covered on the track. It'll be about what you pay for my two. Not unreasonable.

5. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

You're getting by way cheap. I take it you don't have any under 25 kids that drive on your policy?

6. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

Not yet. Later this year. Not looking forward to it. Imma make the punk get a job to pay for it though.

Phl218 likes this.
  7. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Mark151, in the land of rum and brown girls, is this you?

Phl218 likes this.
  8. rd400racer

I hate to break it to you but you will shit when you see what it does to the rest of your insurance. To give a couple of examples...I have a 1990 BMW 325is that's a nice little 3rd car but nothing special. I paid $2200 for it. My insurance on it (liability only) is $800 per year. And yes, I've shopped. It's because we have an under 25 driver in the house. Worst part is, both of my kids have moved out. But I can't tell the insurance company that because my daughters $1,400 per year full coverage on her car would go to $6,500 per year. That's just stupid money for a young kid to be saddled with while they're trying to start a career. Now I see why millennials don't want to drive.

At least my bikes are still cheap. I put them on a totally separate policy but I can't do that with the cars.

Phl218 likes this.
  9. It is very possible.

Ive been with State Farm since I started driving. I have never had any accidents and don't currently have any tickets on my record.

My policies cover the following:

House built in 2006 - Full coverage, plus additional contents coverage.
    2015 Porsche Macan Turbo - Full coverage
    2015 Fleetwood Excursion (37' diesel pusher) - Full coverage
    2015 Ducati Panigale 1299S - Comprehensive
    2008 Yamaha R6 - Comprehensive
    2015 Triumph 675R - Comprehensive
    2014 Honda Grom - Full coverage
    2015 Polaris Scrambler ATV - Comprehensive
    8.5x18' enclosed trailer with finished interior - Full coverage
    $700,000 Life insurance policy

I pay $395 per month.

It helps a lot because I only pay Comprehensive on the bikes. That knocks a HUGE chunk off of it. I don't finance toys so I am not required to have Full coverage, and none of them are street legal. I just want them covered in case they get stolen or in a fire or some shit.

That may all go to shit once they get the final bill for my destroyed house, but that is what I pay now.

10. ClemsonsR6

ClemsonsR6 Well-Known Member

Wow. Thats amazing Broome! Id freaking love to have a monthly bill that low.

11. It also helps that I live in Northeast TN. The cost of living isn't very expensive there. I imagine if I live in NY, or CA, or even over in Nashville, it would be a lot more expensive.

Not to mention my Agent is a good friend of mine and we play golf a lot. He always finds me any hookup/discount possible. :D

12. rd400racer

I'll have to say, you're the last person in the world that I'd picture to be a golfer. I could see Mongo skiing the half-pipe before seeing you on a golf course. It just doesn't seem to suit your personality.

Phl218 likes this.
  13. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

Hulk smash ball. :D

14. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Nah. My policies are all semi or annuals. Big bites out of my ass at one time instead of paper cuts in perpetuity. :D

Funkm05 likes this.
  15. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Werd. I think my umbrella policy is about $180 per year.

16. Kris87

Kris87 Friendly Smartass

I have $3M umbrella for like under $300/year. Its a no brainer to add onto your existing home coverage.

17. I made fun of golf forever. I would ask if a skirt is mandatory and shit like that. Finally some other guys on the baseball team aggravated me enough that I told them I would play one time if they would STFU.

I cussed it for 9 holes, then I hit "the" drive. Been hooked since.

rd400racer, Funkm05 and Phl218 like this.
  18. Not going to lie, I can knock the fuck out of a golf ball.

JD40 can attest to it. The first time we played together, my first drive left me a chipping up to the green, on a 358yrd (straight, no dogleg) par 4. He was just like "cmon man...". :D

I played baseball for 18 years, and of course I lift a lot of weights. But I also stretch a lot, plus do p90x and Insanity, so I am very flexible. Once I got the "baseball" out of my golf swing, it was on like Donkey Kong. My chipping and putting sucks ass. But I still shoot decent scores because I rarely need more than a wedge for my 2nd shot to par 4's, and the only par 5's I can't reach in 2 are ones that have impossible angles. My Driver off the tee and 3-wood out of the fairway are my best 2 shots/clubs.

I play "roughneck golf". I don't play smart, I just like to knock the shit out of it. I would rather hit a 330-350 yard drive and end up with Bogey, than use an iron off the tee and par. :crackup:

I absolutely hate par 3's, or any hole where I can't use my Driver.

19. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

Sound like a buddy of mine. His only mission in life is to kill it off the tee. He loses more balls b/c he can’t see how far they launch than because of where they go. It’s insane. :crackup:

Gorilla George likes this.
  20. Yes! :crackup: