1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is there an appliance tech in the house? - Dishwasher issue

Discussion in 'General' started by cpettit, Apr 14, 2020.

1. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

This. I been yelling at my ol lady for years just wash them point of use. Cook, eat, wash. Easy peasy. But noooo she wants to be all technological and shit.

2. TX Joose

TX Joose Well-Known Member

The dishwasher has been nothing more than a nice sized drying rack for as long as I can remember.

But wifey.. Oh wifey likes to load it up and not start it until it's full. I can't tell you how many times I've grabbed dishes out of there and they're dirty for that reason. Makes my blood boil.

tony 340 likes this.
  3. Jed

Jed mellifluous

That would clean the kids and they could still breath in the dryer.

scottn likes this.
  4. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

lol, ok that one gave me a good, much needed laugh today, Thanks Jed.

The problem is not the socks themselves, it is the quantity of socks and other cloths in the tub at one time. I.e. Don't fill the thing right up to the brim with small loose items and they won't over flow. I've done many loads of the kids cloths without an issue, but the wife unit has the blood of 3 pumps on her hands ;).

5. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

Dishwasher is operational and now I have a brand new garbage disposal as well. Old one had rusted out and probably deposited shit in the dishwasher drain line.

The one thing about dishwashers that I know for sure..... the expensive fancy detergent pods make every bit of difference. It doesn’t clean for shit without them.

Phl218 likes this.
  6. So has she come to her senses yet and started doing the dishes? After she makes you a sammich? :)

Hope my wife never reads this

Phl218 likes this.
  7. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

I used to work with a guy whose wife was after him to fix their washer. He wanted her to just buy a new one, but she was too cheap and insisted he could just fix it, again, since he was a mechanic. He took it outside, emptied the magazine of his 1911 into and informed his wife she needed a new one since the tub leaked and he couldn't fix all the leaks.

Phl218 likes this.
  8. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

Hmm, some recoil therapy does sound like a good thing right about now.....

9. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Could that guy teach Broome how to get a 1911 to feed a round? ;)

10. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

You best be careful or she will have you washing them. :D

11. kenessex

He wasn't much into teaching.:crackup:

pickled egg likes this.
  12. Does he double as a special-Ed teacher?

13. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Seems like he taught that damn dishwasher a thing it two :D

14. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Don’t we all? ;)

15. kenessex

Maybe, he was from your neck of the woods, Dahlonega. They don't have any special ed needs around there, do they?

16. The exception are non special needs :)

17. Phl218

Phl218 .

short buses turn quicker on curvy mountain roads

18. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

I gave up on mine and returned to hand washing the few dishes my wife and I make. I replaced the fill solenoid and it will fill, heat the water, and drain. But the goddamn motor won't run. I replaced the capacitor, no help.

I guess I could make a pigtail and put 110v to the motor to see if it runs, but I've pulled it out from under the counter and put it back so many times, I got sick of it.

I did run a little self test function that it has, but it's hard to tell what it's doing since one or two of the pixels is burned out. Fucking thing.

tony 340 likes this.
  19. kenessex

empty a 1911 into it and then get a new one. if you don't have a 1911, you should get one, but a Glock would probably work, too.

Gino230 and Phl218 like this.
  20. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Sorry I’m late. Just finished washing the dishes. ;)