1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is money coming back to the sport??

Discussion in 'General' started by Parkerson, Aug 8, 2010.

1. Parkerson

Parkerson Kabahm

I have been out of the loop this year so forgive the ignorance, but I have heard some rumors that some of the manufacturers are going to bring back a worthwhile contingency program next season. Is there any information to support these rumors?

Thanks,
    Daniel

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Not yet, everything I'm hearing is rumors.

3. Parkerson

Parkerson Kabahm

thanks sean

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

If it helps I'm loving he rumors but until I hear budgets have been approved it's not real.

5. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

Only thing I have heard from Kawasaki is that they are stepping up marketing
    for 2011. Asked about contengency and told no info yet.

6. Buckwild

Buckwild Radical

I've been puttin money into the sport for years now.

7. Lizard 1

Lizard 1 Well-Known Member

Stepping up from nothing isn't too tough...

The Japanese OEMs are struggling and taking the year off has helped, but the cuts that are made when you have economic issues is always Marketing (which includes everything race related) and R&D as proof with Suzuki for example shutting the pipeline down on new bikes...

I wouldn't be surprised to see them do something next year, but it isn't going to be big if anything at all. Folks, it isn't going to get better anytime soon. However, they are all spending less and being smarter and I think the market will flat line and stop falling.

We will then build slowly from there and hopefully be solid once again. But, to expect a huge change in one year, you might be a little over zealous...

8. iomTT

iomTT Well-Known Member

what is your contact email Mate

9. iomTT

iomTT Well-Known Member

Me too, but I only Manufacture packets of TURDS:up:

10. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I got the emails, just need to remember to post the pic. I'll get it done today.