1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is it true wera not coming back to north central? ?

Discussion in 'Information For New Racers' started by gsxramar, Sep 20, 2011.

1. truckstop

truckstop Well-Known Member

If that does happen, we'll probably be getting WERA licenses next year.

2. some guy #2

some guy #2 Well-Known Member

^If you want to race WERA you're SOL minus Grattan. I know there are tracks close to Milwaukee, it was my requirement when my fiance was looking for places to live :)

3. truckstop

truckstop Well-Known Member

Gotcha! I've always thought we were pretty lucky as far as the number of tracks we have access to, but yeah, not so great if you want to race WERA.

4. G2G

G2G I feel the need

:beer:

5. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

How about IRP? If the track went from the hairpin behind the stands to the straight and eliminated the part by the buildings, it would be a lot safer. I loved that track.

Ken

6. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

The entire course minus the straight would have to be repaved. I was there last year and it's not in any condition to race on. Not to mention that giant concrete wall that stares at you behind the grandstands.

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

It needs a total reconfigure and total repave. Just not looking possible anytime in the near future.

8. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

In my heart, I know that, but I would still love to race it again. I always hated that track until I looked back at my results and realized that I always had great finishes there. Changed my whole perspective.

Ken

9. Vitamin-E

Vitamin-E cornerin lo in the 3-1-fo

BTW - Gateway is NOT being bulldozed. A big-shot in the St. Louis SCCA bought the complex and is getting it back together. Word is that it will be open in 2012....

10. 5axis

5axis Well-Known Member

That is great news:clap: Lets ride :up:
    It is not too far from Chicago ,and the spring weather usually comes around much earlier down there.

11. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

not bought...leased it to see how 2012 goes and confirm whether purchase is reasonable...either way its good news:up:

12. Zephyr

Zephyr Tank Killer

Mid-Ohio national please :D

Oh and Road America would be BA

13. Eurotracker

Eurotracker Member

The North Central would get more riders just by moving some dates around.
    Michigan in the middle of the summer instead of the spring. Having a race the same weekend as the AMA race in the same area probably hurts too.
    The weather last season just sucked.

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Our Mid Summer stuff in Michigan had no riders so the date didn't make a difference compared to the spring race. BeaveRun was the same numbers summer or fall. Dates don't seem to matter much really - but fwiw that is something we look at every year and have for as long as we've been running races. Just part of scheduling events.

15. Eurotracker

Eurotracker Member

The Mid Summer race in Michigan was the same weekend as the AMA races at Mid Ohio. I know that took riders away.

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yes it did, wish Mid-O hadn't changed that date on me but not much I can do about it once our stuff is set with the tracks.

17. parillaguy

parillaguy vintage+GP racer

Grand Bend?

Seeing as there is no "United States of America" in the WERA name, why not consider a race or two in Canada? There is a new track an hour from Port Huron Michigan called Grand Bend Motorplex that could hold a race or share track time with another club. Also Cayuga (called TMP) located about an hour drive from Buffalo. Neither track are up to the standards of Mid Ohio or Road "A" but are decent with good pavement. Remeber to bring a passport to keep the customs people happy and they will treat you fine at the border. Just a thought!

parillaguy

PS our beer is better too!:beer:

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

We have raced in Canada before and would consider doing so in the future but that kind of expansion would have to be done very very slowly right now. Until we have a strong enough northern US presence it's just too much of a risk to cross the border.

Screw the beer - you can get good beer anywhere. However, a Tim Hortons on every corner is important to remember!

19. A.R.K.

A.R.K. Well-Known Member

WERA at TMP would work out very well at all. Unless the last turn (normal direction) was changed.

20. Team Serpent

Team Serpent Jason Temme #86 WERA Lifetime Member

I'm in