1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is Anyone Actually Voting For Kerry?

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Slider82, May 11, 2004.

1. Tony Moore

Tony Moore Well-Known Member

I heard it from a wise man (Ed Robinson) once very similar to you version

If you are not a Democrat when you are young then you have no heart

If you are not a Republican when you are old then you have no brain

Tony Moore

2. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Here's the original quote:

Show me a young Conservative and I'll show you someone with no heart. Show me an old Liberal and I'll show you someone with no brains. - Winston Churchill

I was familiar with the basic quote, but while researching the exact wording I found a couple of other interesting quotes from the same source which seem to speak to today's situations.

The whole history of the world is summed up in the fact that, when nations are strong, they are not always just, and when they wish to be just, they are no longer strong. - Winston Churchill

If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves. - Winston Churchill

3. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

I think my frind Monroe was a tad more cynical than your Mr. Robenson...:)

4. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Ah, yes. Winnie, the originator of the peace sign...

My favorite quote from him to Lady Stuffbudgit,

Lady Stuffbudget, "Mr. Churchill, you are drunk!'

Winnie, "Yes I am. But in the morning, I shall be sober, and you, madam, will still be ugly."

:D