Irene and AMA finale?

Discussion in 'General' started by studio819, Aug 26, 2011.

  1. studio819

    studio819 Well-Known Member

    Wondering if this hurricane is going to affect Jersey in a way that would cancel the AMA finale.

    Not making light of the situation, just wondering outloud if there is a backup plan in the case of natural disasters
  2. sowega

    sowega #710

    I wonder if they could get a weekend at VIR or Road Atlanta?
  3. Hold on. I'll go check Nesba's schedule.
  4. Just got 20% off my ticket using the "Irene" promo code. That's about as dramatic as it's gonna get.
  5. anupe

    anupe Searching for consistency

    lol, I got a three day pass for $25
  6. Critter

    Critter Registered

    It happened in 2004 to AMA at VIR they moved it to my wedding weekend in October....
  7. panthercity

    panthercity Thread Killa

    That's a great way to solve the "Honey, where do you want to go for our honeymoon?" issue.

  8. LWGP

    LWGP Well-Known Member

    I think this will all blow over my Monday noon time. The track will be fine - maybe a little green - by next Friday.
  9. SPL170db

    SPL170db Trackday winner

    A week later?

    Irene is going to hit south Jersey in the next 12 or so hours. The AMA weekend doesn't start until next Friday. I imagine it should be dried up by then, and assuming the winds don't cause significant damage, but Millville is decently inland from the the coast.
  10. DucatiBomber

    DucatiBomber DJ Double A

    Even If the track is fine I wonder if the surrounding roads and bridges will be fine? I guess we will know soon enuff...

    Ride safe,
  11. panthercity

    panthercity Thread Killa

    Not if Looter Man gets through there!
  12. chadspaint

    chadspaint Well-Known Member

    911 happend and it took out the AMA at my home track. Never was rescheduled. Probly would have been my best finish ev er,. But The country morning losses was way more important than just a stupid race
  13. RubberChicken

    RubberChicken PimpMasterT

    Fortunately, the weather forecast for the week immediately following the projected hurricane is for dry, sunny weather up through Saturday of race weekend, and possibility of late thundershowers on Sunday. They are already downgrading the projected wind gust speeds for Hurricane Irene, so that may reduce or eliminate the chance of a lot of damage to structures. There are no trees close to any structures at NJMP, so that is not an issue. They had a set of grandstands on the inside of T4 torn up by a tornado about 6 weeks ago, but those have been replaced. I suspect they have battened the place down pretty well by now.

    I predict a glorious weather weekend and some spectacular racing next weeklend, as Josh draws a bead on Blake. I'm so there.
  14. antirich

    antirich Well-Known Member

    There's no significant bridges from rt55 (the main highway) to the track. Unless a tornado touches down, it should all be fine by next weekend.

    Well, parking in the field might be a bit messy if we keep getting rain.
  15. ckruzel

    ckruzel Graphicologist Xtremeist

    sandy soil and a week of sun, it will be fine

Share This Page