1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Iphone4 battery???

Discussion in 'General' started by tunawest, Jun 20, 2012.

1. tunawest

tunawest Well-Known Member

I think my battery is taking a shit. Had it charging all night, and this morning, I had like 3 texts, and some dickin around on facebook for 5 minutes, and noticed the battery was already at like 60%

Ive seen the videos on actually getting to the battery, and am wondering if anyone has tried it, or if I should see about having apple or some place do it.

Also, if I do it myself, where did you get the battery from? Did it come with the little screw driver and tool to get the SIM card out?

2. natedogg624

natedogg624 Well-Known Member

3. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

Try resetting your phone first. It may be some program that is running in the background that is sucking down all the juice. Go to Settings>General>Reset>Reset All Settings. You won't lose any info, it will just reset it to like the first day you had it. Plug it into Itunes after that and you should be good to go.

4. Windshield

Windshield Well-Known Member

Make sure you don't have bunches of email folders trying to sync from outlook, if you use outlook. It will drain your battery very quickly.

5. Gorecki

Gorecki verwirrt und orientierung

^^^ or just search amazon. I've done a couple display replacements (which means taking EVERYTHING out). The battery is pretty much the first thing right after getting the face off.

If you don't find a battery that comes with a tool kit, you can order a tool kit. They are the smallest damn screws I've ever had to deal with.

6. Cawk Star

Cawk Star Well-Known Member

I've had the 4s from day 1 and the battery is starting to piss me off. I'm a Nazi about turning off the apps but I'm ready to shit can this thing.

7. Gorecki

Gorecki verwirrt und orientierung

I've found this sort of annoying too! I had a 3 up until a couple weeks ago. I could go up to 4 days without a charge on the 3 and after a restore to the new 4S, I only get 2 days with the EXACT same stuff running. :down:

8. AZ-MilleR

AZ-MilleR Well-Known Member

If you are up here in Phoenix in the near future I can help you with it. They aren't very hard and I have all the tools here to do it.

9. natedogg624

natedogg624 Well-Known Member

mine will last 1.5 days with normal usage or about half a day when i'm working the crap out of it.

10. lizard84

lizard84 My “fuck it” list is lengthy

So try plugging it in to an outlet...

Funny thing is, the charge seems to go up when I do that.

11. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

+1

I had my old 3GS on iOS 3.1.3 for the longest time, and one day out of like nowhere the thing would burn through a full charge in like 5 hours with very little use. Restored it and it was perfectly fine again.

12. tunawest

tunawest Well-Known Member

So..... Im an idiot.

Went to plug my phone in last night, bed side and realized the cord was not plugged in to the power strip.

Got a full charge last night, been on it for a decent amount today, and im at 96%

13. jkhonea

jkhonea Back Again

Is someone close out there to go slap tuna in the back of the head? :D

14. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner