1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

iPhone 8+ Need to record conversation.

Discussion in 'General' started by SnacktimeKC, Sep 24, 2019.

1. SnacktimeKC

SnacktimeKC Well-Known Member

Long story short a company I rep is going to call me tomorrow to tell me they’ve been sold to discuss retuning of inventory and more importantly compensation. It’s their year-end 9-30 and I’ve made my numbers etc and I’m owed a pretty substantial bonus. I’m sure they are going to fedex me something but I’d like to get it on “tape” that I’ve met my numbers and I’m getting my money.

Is there an app or something ya’ll have used for this?

2. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

Put call on speakerphone and use any sort of recorder you have handy.

3. rhinorsv

rhinorsv Well-Known Member

There is a built in app called voice memos. Just ask Siri to open it and hit record and you’ll be set

SnacktimeKC likes this.
  4. SnacktimeKC

I can do that if it’s in my office but there’s no set time for the call. I’m not in my office for the next couple weeks and looking for other options.

5. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

Make yourself aware if you are in a one-party consent state or a two-party consent state. If two-party, recording the other party without their knowledge is considered wire tapping and a felony.

6. rhinorsv

rhinorsv Well-Known Member

This is true...I live in DC. A one party consent state if there ever was one :flag:

7. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

Is there some reason you think the follow up email won’t have the same message as the call you’re expecting?

8. SnacktimeKC

MO is 1 party

9. SnacktimeKC

I’m probably being paranoid but all the people I know/trust were all let go today. So in the words of my attorney “the more proof the better” is where I’m at.

Scotty87 likes this.
  10. Scotty87

Well there ya go.

11. Yes it is and it’s no joke, especially when it comes to business. I could see how this goes “I have you recorded, give me my bonus”. Sure, you can use it for bail money :)

12. Scotty87

Yup. One day, if we ever manage to go fishing together, I'll tell you a not funny story.

13. JBowen33

JBowen33 Only fast on Facebook

Depends what state your in and what the wire tapping laws are in that state. If you violate those laws the recording no matter what the content says is null in void for civil and/or criminal proceedings because it was obtained illegally and also could subject you to criminal charges if it’s in a formal enough fashion.

Phl218 likes this.
  14. Phl218

Phl218 .

That’s why you should only record stuff being discussed out on the ocean. Far out

mastermind likes this.
  15. I’ve had about enough of this day. Heading out in about 15 minutes, I’ll take a nap in the boat for a couple hours in between fishing.

16. Montoya

Montoya Well-Known Member

Unless they updated it, it used to not allow call conversations to be recorded. Would auto shut-off during calls, to avoid the legal issues mentioned above.

17. Montoya

Montoya Well-Known Member

Er... meant to quote this, for the above reply.

18. HAZE

HAZE Group Therapy

You are hosed Snack
    Come get your motorcycle
    It's junk not worth riding

SnacktimeKC likes this.
  19. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

Wow. You’re going to record someone without their knowledge? Wow.

20. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Does it matter if the call recorder is in a one party consent state while the other party is in a 2 party consent state?

Is it a matter of the location of the recording device?