1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Iphone 5

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Spooner, Sep 18, 2012.

1. Spooner

Spooner Well-Known Member

So who has one coming on friday? I am waiting to see one in person to see how much of a difference the screen makes and to see if Sprint's 4g is fast before I decide.

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I thought all the delivery dates got pushed back.

3. Spooner

I think if you ordered after the first hour or so then yes they were but as far as I've seen there will be people getting them friday, not to mention some stores getting stock too.

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yeah I figured the stores would be good to go.

5. tunawest

tunawest Well-Known Member

eh, I will wait. I have a co worker who is a major apple fanboy and he is buying the 5 ASAP. He said he will sell me his 32gig 4S for $150 when he gets his new phone. Ive got the 4 and love it, but the home button is giving me fits..... I cant pass up a mint 4S for $150 either. So, I will have my old one as a backup! #winning

6. Spooner

Yeah that's cheap, hell sprint will give me $250 for my 16gb 4s! Sucks because I do have an eligible upgrade but it's my wife's turn to get a phone so we will probably swap her galaxy s2 out for one.

7. mikendzel

mikendzel Anonymous

Mine too; what's the freaking deal there?!?

8. wingsonwheels

wingsonwheels Well-Known Member

I'm surprized my Mom isn't buying one, she love her Iphone.

I'm not a smart-ohone guy, just never was my 'thing'. That said, My wife worked out a deal with T-Mobile to keep us from leaving, she wanted to replace her crackberry. I now have a "free" Samsung Galaxy S3 with a free unlimited data plan. Plus we have a grandfathered vioce plan that they are probably loosing money on anyway. So I am paying the same for my cell now as I did back when flip-phones were cool. Still not a smart-phone guy.

9. DWhyte91

DWhyte91 Well-Known Member

I was going to wait untill I dropped my 3GS on Sunday and smashed the screen, it made it 2 years and I was eligible for an upgrade anyway.

10. jkhonea

jkhonea Back Again

Friend of mine got notification that his may actually arrive tomorrow. I'll be ordering mine first week of October, as soon as my upgrade is available. Dammit.

11. If the they're available in the stores for people to purchase on the spot, before the pre order guys get theirs, I think a few nerds heads might explode.:D

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Good point, that would be pretty damned funny tho :D

13. BigHeadzDC

BigHeadzDC One Track Wonder

Home button can be replaced for about $100 including parts and labor. The parts are about $15, but there's about 2 dozen little tiny fucking screws to get the thing apart to replace it. You basically have to disassemble the whole phone.

I had a 4 that had the home button fail, and then the battery sort of caught fire. Apple offered to replace it for $150, but I decided to go a different route and bought a Galaxy S3. I'm also going to get a Lumia 920 when they're available. I really like what Microsoft has done with WinPhone 8.

14. Ive been having problems with the home button on my 4 for a while now too. Sometimes I have to push it several times, or push it really hard.

15. Mr Sunshine

Mr Sunshine Banned

My Wife's 4 home button doesn't always work either. She's going to put in the order to upgrade to the 5 next month.

I am happy with my 4 and I have a free Win8 Mobile phone coming so I'll likely give that sucker a shot before doing anything else. I mean...I helped create that thing...so why not at least run it. :)

16. james walker

james walker beat down, broken & busted

mine went on me as well and had to be replaced. in the mean time, you can go to Settings >General >Accessibility and turn on Assistive Touch. it'll put a 'virtual' home button on screen that has several other functions in addition to acting the same as the home button.

17. Shady

Shady Well-Known Member

I got the FedEx notification of the Friday delivery this morning. Tracking number says that they have received it in Memphis and are holding it for a delayed delivery until the 21st.

18. chuckbear

chuckbear Totally radical, bro.

If that's all you're waiting on, you might want to call your provider. At least with AT&T, if you're close to your upgrade date they'll usually let you upgrade a little early without affecting the deals on phones. I've done it with AT&T before.

19. Does that cause the phone to unlock in your pocket?

20. james walker

james walker beat down, broken & busted

negative. you'll still have to slide to unlock your phone like you normally would even with a functioning home button. the 'virtual' home button will just allow you an option for exiting apps and such that you wouldn't be able to do with a malfunctioning home button.