1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Investing in Cannibas

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by ryoung57, Apr 13, 2019.

1. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

I’m probably late to the party, but maybe there’s still time. I’m convinced marijuana will be legal nationwide in the next 10-20 years. When it happens, the companies positioned properly to cultivate/distribute it will become bazillionaires. But aren’t there some weird laws in the US currently surrounding these things? I remember something about someone invested in a Canadian weed company not even being able to travel.

2. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Wouldn't it be better to invest in cannabis?

Phl218, Chris and SuddenBraking like this.
  3. Raceless man

Raceless man Well-Known Member

I think it's just beginning..the laws are falling like dominoes...i opened a trading account 3 weeks ago.."Robinhood"..messed around with that for a little bit. Realized quickly that a real trading account is needed if your more than causally interested. I then opened an Ameritrade account put some money in it..and started trading weed.
    I only put 3k in because i consider it to be my personal venture capital..
    It's funny..i made 60 dollars yesterday from my first actual trade and it was glorious.
    Get in the game.
    But know it's still a risk.

4. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

I think the risk of loss is pretty low. Its a safe bet.

However, the risk of your money being seized by our fascist government is still very real.

stk0308 and Phl218 like this.
  5. GRH

GRH Well-Known Member

Isn't the ex speaker of the house John Boner on the board of one of the startups? Probably a good one to get into with his connections.

6. HPPT

HPPT !!!

If you're talking buying stocks, I've been watching some of those companies for about a year or so, and they are extremely volatile.

7. JCW

JCW Well-Known Member

canadian weed companies have already had such a run up...

8. zertrider

zertrider Waiting for snow. Or sun.

And the big talk about them up here right now is how they are underperforming. The fact that legal cannabis is about 75% more expensive than illegal is part of the problem. People still don't like paying taxes apparently.

9. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Underperforming. Pfft. Ever see what the stock market did with internet startups?

10. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

This is my primary concern

11. Big T

Big T Well-Known Member

Hemp is likely to be a better investment for now, since it became legal.

Only problem there seems to be that law enforcement doesn't have a way to distinguish hemp from pot.

There's been some seizures already

12. Rico888

Rico888 Well-Known Member

^^^hemp^^^

I would think if you got your seed stock handled correctly the feds would not be able to seize your production...

Personally, for the long haul I’d rather grow hemp...so many uses for the plant already and more applications of the plant material on the horizon...

13. gixxerreese

gixxerreese Well-Known Member

I don’t know about that can get a gram of hydro for $12 street price is $20 and on fridays you can get an 1/8 for $18 that’s $60 on the street.

14. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

I bought stock in Tilray, Canopy Growth and Aurora Cannabis. There is also VANGUARD FTSE DEVELOPED MKTS E fund that has some cannabis stocks in it if you are into the EFTs.

All are going to be volatile but if you have a few grand to play with it is a pretty safe long term bet I believe.

15. cpettit

You have a medical card? I know vets and people with a med card get lower prices than everyone else. I was in CO recently and sent my cousin in to get me some things and his (vet) price was awesome. It's still $40 for an 1/8 & $80 for a 1/4 on the street in middle america. Sometimes more depending on the person.

16. Phl218

Phl218 .

the THC stuff should still have all the hemp left after the candy is harvested.

17. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

There is a Super Troopers quote in their somewhere....

18. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Or Trailer Park Boys...

19. HPPT

HPPT !!!

They are the three I was considering buying but decided that I didn't have an appetite for that kind of volatility. There have been some wild swings over the past year.

20. cpettit

Yeah I watched Tilray climb to about $300 a share and got all excited for a while. Now it's back down to $48. Gotta play the long game lol. I know a guy who cashes dividend checks from Phillip Morris and Miller SAB for a living because his father has the foresight to buy a bunch of both and just keep them forever. I wanna be that guy.

HPPT likes this.