1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

instant bike stand??

Discussion in 'General' started by jster171, Feb 3, 2002.

1. jster171

jster171 Well-Known Member

Have you seen that bike stand that you just roll your front wheel right up into it and it somehow clamps your front wheel and holds your bike up for you?? I seen them in Roadracing World I think but wanna know if anyone has tried it and how well it works? I get tired of fooling with that rear stand all the time on my racebike. Especially when I come in from a session and I'm already tired then have to fool with the rear stand?

2. BBaker

BBaker Well-Known Member

That thing is cool, I am thinking about getting one also.

3. sportbikepete

sportbikepete Well-Known Member

I got to see one in use at VIR and it worked flawlessly for the guy all day, think I need to get one for those days when I'm left to do the 1 toe balancing act.

------------------
    97 GSXR 750

4. jster171

jster171 Well-Known Member

Thats what I'm sayin. It looks like it would work great and it doesn't cost that much.

5. C.Joy

C.Joy Well-Known Member

I spoke with a couple of people who were using them at talledega and they really were impressed. So was I after jacking my bike up by myself for the tenth time.

6. EXPERT35

EXPERT35 Well-Known Member

I have not seen it.Does it work for trailering?

7. wsmc667

wsmc667 Well-Known Member

They're intended for trailering.

Here's a link: http://www.baxleycompanies.com/la_wheel_chock.html

We use two of the "LA Wheel Chock"... they allow you to transport a bike without stressing the handlebars, potentially tweaking the front end. We got them before there was the Sport Chock or Trailer Chock. They really, no really keep bikes from swaying back and forth in the back of your van or trailer while haulin a$$ to the track.

They're great as stands until you try to use tire warmers. =) But, if you put the chock along the pit road, you can pull in get off the bike then pull out and put the bike on stands for the warmers.

=) Chris

8. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

Talk to stickboy, DB Motorsports Racing, 1-803-755-9984, he sells them for Baxley and had them for sale at Talladega in December...I'm sure he'll have them next week.

And yes, they do work flawlessly and bolt down for trailering.

9. Eddie845

Eddie845 E-LO FRM THE BLOCK

I have seen it used on a trailer. The guy just rolled up the bike on there, clapmped it, got off the bike, and then use tie downs to secure on trailer. I think they're really worth it if you usually doing things by yourself.

10. Roach

Roach Yamaha Catapult Tester

I have one, it rocks. Makes coming in from the track SO much easier.

Dunno what else to say [​IMG]

I don't use it in my trailer (already had chocks installed) but I can't see a prob using it that way. There's a place on the chock for locking it down to prevent the bike from rolling back out of it.

- Roach

11. Critter

Critter Registered

they work great for trailering I had two tie down straps break last year and none of my bikes fell over. good stand

12. jg

jg twin lover

I have the sport chock model, it is specifically designed for 17 inch wheels and does not have the adjustability of the LA chock. You can get them directly from Baxley for $195 plus shipping (do a search under Baxley chock). They are located in Dothan, Alabama and I got mine in two days. As said above, they work flawlessly in the pits and are fantastic for transport. We haul our bikes in a pickup and you only need to butt the chock against the front of the bed, no anchoring of the chock is required. Then you simply use tie-downs on the subframe to pull it down and forward--the bike ain't going nowhere. We had them in the pits at NPR and had so many people come by inquiring that I wish I was a dealer.

------------------
    jg

13. sdiver

sdiver Well-Known Member

Ordered mine today, the Sport model! Was wondering how I was going to secure my bike, and I hated strapping down the front so tight.

Since I have an open "utility" trailer :-(, any ideas on best way to secure it to the wood floor? I could build a "box" for it, or maybe big U bolts around the frame? Are there bolt holes?

14. jg

jg twin lover

sdiver, my friend put one in his enclosed trailer by building a box using 2x4's and door hinges for easy removal. Simply insert the chock flush into the box and tie down and forward from the back of the bike like I described for a pickup bed, works like a charm.

15. huffdaddy

huffdaddy Well-Known Member

It is the sh$$ works great. I have used it or a full year and love it..