1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Inoperable Vehicle Citation

Discussion in 'General' started by Black89, Nov 11, 2010.

1. Black89

Black89 Well-Known Member

Frat version:

got a inoperable vehicle ticket for not driving my perfectly running mustang and have to move it from spot to spot in my apartment complex everyweek.

For my fellow apartment dwellers. sonofabitch I hate living in apartments.

I have an 89 gt mustang that I've had since I was 17 and done alot of work to it because I was into drag racing before I got into motorcycle racing. The engine is all gone through super charger, racing transmission etc... but the outside looks kinda shitty. Hood flew up on one pass and is dented etc... I don't care it's just a weekend car to go do donuts in and someday fix up with my son if I ever have kids.

So I go to drive it to the gas station tonight like I do every other week to keep it running well and low and behold what is under the wiper? That's right a citation for an inoperable vehicle. So I call the number on it and the lady was a total bitch and told me neighbors complained and it had cobwebs on the license plate (it has up to date tags, it's insured and registered). I'm like so there are a million cars like that all around me in this spider infested swamp here in FL. I asked her if she could here it, it was idling in the background, she said yes and I told her it runs perfectly fine I only drive it on weekends.

Than she tells me I have to move it once a week or it will be towed! I'm like WTF what if I go on vacation or travel for week. Bitch: "you have to call and tell us".

I park it in the only spot I can see from my sliding glass door just to keep an eye on it and I guess they want me to move it from spot to spot each week.

So basically I told them there is no way I'm paying the citation the car runs fine and if she wants to come down I'll take her on a 12s pass down the quarter mile.

F-ing towing companies don't they have something better to do? Usually I idle around as quite as I can because it has headers, off road h-pipe and a straight through cat back on it but tonight the neighbors got a little treat :)

2. 418

418 Expert #59

The car is registered? Tell 'em to fuck off and die.

Alternative, I'll let you keep that Fox in my garage. :up:

3. Based on your description it appears to be an eyesore. That's why your neighbors are complaining.

Put a nice cover over it and your neighbors will stop complaining. Leave a junky-looking car out on display and it will likely get towed at some point.

4. Black89

Its probably better looking than 50% of the cars there its got cobra r rims and a decent paint.

I think ur right on the neighbors thoughi think they get mad I take up a good spot. J

5. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

Why are you complaining? There's a law here that you have to move your vehicle every 36 hours or so.

You've also mentioned other illegal street modifications :Poke:

6. Bill H.

Bill H. Just a pilgrim...

Thanks for reminding me how much I love rural life.

How many cars are rotting in my yard right now?

Who cares?

7. MudDawg

MudDawg Engine Killah

Take it to court. Drive the car there. Explain it to the judge. If it happens a second time them claim that you are being harassed. (Which is what is happening.) Unless they have a law stating that the vehicle has to be moved every X number of days....you *should* be in the right I would think.

8. beechkingd

beechkingd Well-Known Member

:stupid::D

9. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

GTs are ugly. If it were the notch back 89 I would side with you. Move that POS.

:)

10. Putter

Putter Ain't too proud to beg

Park it around the backside of your trailer park.

11. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

you need to make friends with the local Code Enforcement officer. If your vehicle has a current tag on private property it cant be taken...legally. Even if idle for months at a time.
    Now your apartment complex can make their own rules regarding parking and length of time.
    Personally Id buy a $80/month mini storage garage. Idle vehicles like that tend to be targets for opportunistic kids.

12. speedluvn

But its his apartment complex property. So he may need to read his lease agreement.

13. KovzR6

KovzR6 Well-Known Member

start it up, rev it so everyone hears.... pull out of the spot, drive around the complex, and back into the same spot.

14. speedluvn

You really want his shyt sitting on bricks in the morning

15. Black89

I will own a notch one day :)

16. Black89

yuy

That's the thing I called them and told them wheni registered it with the tow company that patrols the complex I only drive it on weekends. Btw I had to pay $40 per car just so they wouldn't tow it anyway because they patrol for unregistered cars and tow them if the plate isn't on file.

17. Vinny337

Vinny337 Vin is in...Beastmode!

It's total BS, however as long as you live there you're at the mercy of the rules and regulations for the complex...good luck with that.

18. Vinny337

Vinny337 Vin is in...Beastmode!

Where I grew up there was no parking on the street at night...most people didn't have driveway.

19. CMDI

CMDI End User

By any chance, is your 89 Mustang black?

20. Black89

U catch on quick :)u