1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Indy MotoGP Test 2 weeks away...

Discussion in 'General' started by TD137, Jun 18, 2008.

1. TD137

TD137 Well-Known Member

Riders from MotoGP and the Red Bull AMA U.S. Rookies Cup will conduct an Open Test, July 1-3, in preparation for the inaugural Red Bull Indianapolis GP on Sept. 12-14.

MotoGP teams will test the 2.620-mile IMS road-course from 10 a.m.-6 p.m. on July 1-2 and the Red Bull AMA U.S. Rookies Cup riders will test from 10 a.m.-6 p.m. on July 3.

http://www.allheadlinenews.com/articles/7011228216

2. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

So when is the first WERA event going to be there? Or is IMS big timing all the smaller people?

3. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

Sounds like a logistical nightmare to me. Race Saturday afternoon in Holland. I think there's a 7 hour time difference from Indy to Assen, so, they'll probably finish the race at maybe 10 or 11 PM (Indy time) Saturday night? Disassemble the whole race setup, pack up, ship, get through customs, and have everything delivered, assembled, and set up for first thing Tuesday morning?

4. Flex Axlerod

Flex Axlerod Banned

I flew over the track on Monday it looks beautiful. Nice bunkers outside of each turn. I would love to take a few laps.

5. Hooper

Hooper Well-Known Member

MotoGP is only sending the pit scooters over for a few hot laps. :D

6. Mud Whistle

Mud Whistle Get my icebike ON!

There's 3 golf holes inside the oval so "bunker" might be the correct term :up:

7. divein6

divein6 Well-Known Member

how "similar" to daytona turn one is indy turn one?

8. Strick

Strick Good to be king

This is GP not DMG.:D

9. Suburbanrancher

Suburbanrancher Chillzilla

It'll be cool if the MotoGP website shows some footage of the tests. I'm curious to see the bikes in action on the new layout.

10. owndjoo

owndjoo muthapucka

is it going to be "open" as in to the public?

11. runfromme

runfromme Well-Known Member

i "may" be there the 2nd and 3rd...i will obviously bring a camera if it happens.

edit - i hear it will just be the MotoGP teams test riders attending this test not the main riders.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2008
  12. caferace

caferace No.

Yes, South Terrace only. Free as well...

-jim

13. caferace

caferace No.

Really? Where did you hear that? I know some teams aren't going, but none of the active riders?

-jim

14. owndjoo

owndjoo muthapucka

wow, i may have to try and drive over for that. that would be cool as hell

15. dsting

dsting ouch, brake, ouch

LOL. Nicely done. :)

16. dsting

dsting ouch, brake, ouch

Perhaps a potential new venue for the GNF? Centrally located & a GP track - that would be pretty cool. Though, I'm sure it'd cost a bundle.

17. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

I thought I heard somewhere that they wouldn't let clubs, private rentals etc. have access to the track.

18. SteveThompson

SteveThompson Banned by amafan

They never have that I know of.

19. frackadelic

frackadelic Buddha Stalin is Chronic

He didn't say bicycles.