1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Impressive turnout at Talladega

Discussion in 'WERA National Endurance Series' started by 13x, May 28, 2001.

1. 13x

13x 13x.com

I was very impressed with the 43 bike field at Talladega. Before the race I was a little nervous about traffic problems on the small track. Overall I thought it went really well.

I'm sure Mark Junge isn't saying the same thing right now. But it only looked like I punted him off the track. I left him at least six inches.

Congrats all around.

Jim
    AoD

2. backdraftmoto

backdraftmoto I make Nissan trucks...

I feel like a goober stalling on the line though. I had visions of Russell's crash coming back.. Then to wheelie down the front straight... Not the best way to start the day!

Atleast I didn't need marshmellows... [​IMG]

3. Tracee Polcin

Tracee Polcin Pic by IYF Photo

Yeah it was cool, I got the full effect of endurance racing. [​IMG]

4. rfknight

rfknight P-Star

Was that you on the inside of row 13? Man, I was worried about you when I went by.

5. Tracee Polcin

I was gridded on row 13 left.

6. rfknight

rfknight P-Star

Did you stall at the start? I was in the middle of row 15 and somebody ahead and on the left stalled. Glad everything turned out all right.

7. Tracee Polcin

No I didn't stall but it probably looked like it. I placed myself to the right of the guy in front of me. Then the dude who was 2 rows up finally shows up and positions himself in front of the dude in front of me. So he moves and blocks my view of Chuck. I didn't have enough time to move so I didn't see the flag drop. That's why the big delay in moving off of the line.

8. Guoseph

Guoseph Soil Sampler

Yeah I was watching from out at turn 6 and it was kinda scary cuz by the time you were going down the front straight the leaders were already coming at us into the sweeper.

Felt really bad about the 31 bike, that thing was toast. I was half way to the bike before they yelled "bike on fire" over the radio. It was a long haul back to the station for the fire extinguisher and then out to the crash [​IMG]

9. fin1exp

fin1exp Well-Known Member

Me too. I was able to meet them and actually do some business with them. They were very nice people, from Indiana I think. I really don't know how bad the bike was though. It was hard to tell with all that white extinguisher stuff all over. I hope they can get it back together and running again.
    I am glad the rider was OK though. That sweeper is a place I hope to never have trouble. Every time I go through there I I asking for "it" to be nice to me.
    Eric
    The Razors Edge Racing

10. Guoseph

Guoseph Soil Sampler

Hey Man, he told me to hose it some more, who am I to say no? [​IMG]

Besides, fire extinguishers are cool [​IMG]

11. fin1exp

fin1exp Well-Known Member

Guo,
    I was not blaming it on you, but now that you say it, man you messed that poor bike up! [​IMG]
    No really, I was just saying that the white stuff seemed to hide the damage, not that there was an abnormally high amount of it there. [​IMG]
    By the way, you are welcome to come and camp with us anytime. Let us know and we will save you a space. And thanks for helping pick up camp.

Eric

12. Guoseph

Guoseph Soil Sampler

Packing up was the easy part, the drive home wasn't really that pleasant. I did pass Ed Bargy in his van though, probably the only time I'll ever do that in my life [​IMG]

[This message has been edited by Guoseph (edited 05-29-2001).]

13. indiana roadracer

indiana roadracer BBS Lurker

The worst part about 31's crash and burn is now we have to use my bike. [​IMG] I guess thats why you can register multiple frame numbers. As for the bike its pretty burnt. Definetly just a parts bike after looking real close.
    But dont ask for parts yet because I have to let Wes ride my bike ........ [​IMG]
    I have pictures but he won't let me share yet!

14. indiana roadracer

indiana roadracer BBS Lurker

Almost forgot, does anyone know gearing for a 2000 GSXR 750 at Putnam. I usually ran 14-15's on my 98.
    I was thinking about trying 16/43 first but since I'm not going to be able to practice friday any help would be appreciated.
    Todd

15. Due North

Due North Source of Insanity

Tell the truth, just before the race you were saying something about union mandated breaks and that I'd be sorry!! [​IMG]

16. Eric_77

Eric_77 Well-Known Member

Hey the dry powder extinguishers are corrosive to electrical connections and aluminum. Get it washed off quick if you want to have anything to sell or rebuild.