1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm getting SPEEDVISION!!!!

Discussion in 'General' started by HPPT, Dec 3, 2001.

1. HPPT

HPPT !!!

After suffering a horrible plight for 6 months since my move to Virgina, I am finally getting the goods. Comcast of Arlington are getting their act together on December 31! I guess I have to thank the good folks at Fox! So I get to see a lot of NASCAR, but there's going some bike too, right? It's certainly better than the occasional, randomly schedule AMA and WSB races I've been getting on the Sport Channel, or whatever it's called.

I have to apologize for that loud shriek all of you living in North America might have heard about 15 minutes ago. I could barely contain myself when I read that postcard! [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Tracee Polcin

Tracee Polcin Pic by IYF Photo

Congrats Papa, but they are changing the name to "Speed" channel. It just won't seem the same when they do that. Damn Nascrap freaks!!!!!!

3. roy826ex

roy826ex Been around here a while

I'm about ready too dump mine with the NASCAR coverage being so overwelming [​IMG]

I have had mine for 2 years going on 3 & it is going donw hill in my opinion.

4. SClark

SClark Righteous Indignator!

Damn, now it will be impossible to coax Papa to watch the pups if he has his own Speed channel. [​IMG]

5. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I dunno, JLG's brownies still have that spell friggin' spell on me...

[This message has been edited by Papa Thiam (edited 12-03-2001).]

6. JRM

JRM New Member

7. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

You have stated dated, incorrect, information.

"What was written was wrong," is a quote from Speedvision's President Dan Murphy.

Read More About It Here

8. JRM

JRM New Member

Well I'm glad I'm wrong [​IMG]

9. JamesG

JamesG Architeuthis dux

Well its nice to know that all our bitching and threatening has worked. Notice that they haven't touched the motorcycle programing but the airplane and boat guys are getting f#$ked...

------------------
    James Greeson
    Senior Wannabe,
    GS Posse

10. PKS

PKS Happiness is belt fed!

I'm glad they changed it. I like NASCAR, but I sure as hell don't wanna watch it 8 hours a day 5 days a week! Jeez, talk about overkill!

11. drebv4

drebv4 Well-Known Member

Guys, Girls (and Papa)

First, thank the NASCAR guys for providing the impetus that will result in Speed Channel being seen in nearly twice as many homes (including our topic starter's) next season, according to their projections. It's a business.

Second, thank the motorcycle industry and its advertising budgets for buying ALL the available inventory on motorcycle programming. It's a business.

Third, thank the fans who watch motorcycle programming and support the industry who will reap even greater rewards by having their products touted to a larger audience. Did I mention it's a business?

Maybe a NASCAR fan or two will see motorcycle racing when he or she misplaces the remote. This is a good thing - the whole deal.

Instead of whining in ignorance, have faith and thank whatever God you pray to that it is not 1994 and one race a year was broadcast (Daytona, tape delay).

When all the racing you've been watching since then has only increased to what it has been this past season and will remain for the foreseeable future, what's to bitch about?

Word is that they're looking for MORE viable motorcycle programming to ADD to what is already being aired. Keep riding, watching and buying. Help our sport grow...

Brian Drebber, Speedvision (and hopefully Speed Channel 2002)

12. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

Brian, thanks for the post. I spoke to you about this one afternoon at Marietta Motorsports (not that I expect you to recall that moment). I am looking forward to great racing action on TV next year.

13. SpEdette

SpEdette Zombie

Funny, Papa doesn't watch Speedvision like a.... (couldn't resist) [​IMG]

So since Speedvision is moving to Charlotte, maybe they oughta put me in charge of motorcycle programming. [​IMG] Quick, let's start an online petition to put TIW in charge! [​IMG]

14. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Dude, that is just wrong! What are you saying I am? [​IMG]

15. PKS

Can we get back to you on that? [​IMG]

16. Guoseph

Guoseph Soil Sampler

Do you really want me to answer that? [​IMG]

17. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I asked the perpetrator. I don't wanna hear it from you freaks. [​IMG]

18. PKS

Hey now! We're not freaks, we're idiots! There is a difference and don't you forget it!!! [​IMG]

19. emeyer

emeyer Well-Known Member

Way to go Papa!!!! [​IMG]

When I moved back up to Ohio from Atlanta two years ago it took them 9 months to get Speedvision where I now live. I called them every week complaining. I can't say for sure but I think my city got Speedvision because of me. Now I have a reason to throw my wife and kids off the TV every Tuesday and Sunday nights. You should see the look on my 10 year olds face whenever I mention S-p-e-e-d V-i-s-i-o-n. I hate to see her cry but them's the breaks. Sunday nights...125GP followed by 250GP followed by 500GP!!! It just doesn't get any better.
    [​IMG]

20. WERA29

WERA29 On a mental field trip...

WHEW! Thanks Rick. At first I thought they lied to us and went ahead and pulled the plug anyway. [​IMG]

It's good to know we'll still have our beloved motorcycle racing on the Speed Channel. [​IMG]

I guess the only remaining question to be answered is "Who will pay for the lettering change on Brian's leathers?" [​IMG]