1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm frustrated. Help!

Discussion in 'General' started by Vstate60, Nov 5, 2013.

1. Vstate60

Vstate60 Jaspon&Armas, PA

Log story short I've got a set of bodywork that I need to ship to a buddy and I cannot find a box that will work to save my life!

I've been to Home Depot, Lowe's, Sam's Club, appliance stores, auto parts, etc. I know someone here has had this problem before:

Where the hell can I find a box to ship bodywork??!

2. JJJerry

JJJerry Well-Known Member

Go to appliance store and barter for a fridge/oven box?

I have a couple stashed in my basement that I saved when I got new bodywork.

3. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Go buy a plastic christmas tree. The box should be big enough. If not, get the next size up.

4. loser

loser Well-Known Member

Go to Uhaul or a moving place and buy a cardboard box they call a closet. it"ll cost you $20 but your problem will be solved and the box will be bombproof.

Another option is go to a bicycle shop get a couple free bicycle boxes split them along the seam and tape them together with a roll of packing tape.

5. t11ravis

t11ravis huge carbon footprint

Have you tried Uhaul?
    I have a Hotbodies box that measures 40x23x22.

6. L8RSK8R

L8RSK8R Well-Known Member

Uhaul "closet' box, worked great for me.

7. Vstate60

Travis, you've already saved my life once this weekend, how can I get the box from you? I stupidly gave my last Hotbodies box away last month.

I'll try uhaul as well, thans guys.

8. rwood64083

rwood64083 Gifted as in 'DUHHHH'

Last set of bodywork I had shipped to me came in a U-Haul box. Seemed to have fit well. Saved my last two boxes bodywork was shipped in, just in case.

9. gluvnaa

gluvnaa Well-Known Member

wardrobe moving box.

10. 1dwn5up

1dwn5up Well-Known Member

You can also get a large fridge box, cut it in half, and have one half go into the other.

11. BigBird

BigBird blah

or buy another set of bodywork and you'll get a box ;)

12. Spitz

Spitz Well-Known Member

Appliance store, go out back to their cardboard dumpster and go diving.

13. Vstate60

That was the obvious proposition to the wifey, but she shot it down reminding me that I have a set on the way. I explained that set was for a Yamaha, not my Suzy.

Then, judging by the look on her face, I realized I hadn't told her about the second track bike yet. Thankfully she was more concerned with being pissed off about whoever this 'Suzy' chick was.

14. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

15. Vstate60

They all have those enormous compactors and I'm told that I'd have to catch a box in the few minutes it's laying around before it gets turned into kitty litter.

16. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

High five.

17. gcally

gcally Well-Known Member

Go to home depot or lows and get 2 of the biggest boxes they have. Tape the bottom of both of them leaving the other sites flaps sitting up. Put bodywork in one box then slide other box over and tape around the middle. I have done thins a couple of times with complete GSXR Kits.