1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

If you have DirectTV... this might interest you

Discussion in 'General' started by TurboBlew, Dec 6, 2017.

1. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

call the number below and ask for the 'customer loyalty discount' as soon as they answer.
    It bypasses all the usual steps. When I called the lady picked up on the second ring.

1-800-778-3397

Merry Christmas! :D

2. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

Not sure if it would work for me as I've already juiced them for $40 a month in discounts. Still waiting for the local Fox provider to quit playing games and negotiate a new deal. Have not had Fox local for 3 months now.

3. pjzocc

pjzocc Well-Known Member

Do they actually give a discount?

wsmc42 likes this.
  4. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

As a former 20 year customer I am offended at the thought of having to "ask" for a discount they'll give any new swinging dick signing up for service. AT&T can suck my dick.

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

That's why I nuked em. I shouldn't have to call and whine to get a discount after being a customer for almost 20 years.

B. Myers, Chris, lonewrench and 6 others like this.
  6. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

I've received loyalty discounts every time I want to change something on my account.
    Easiest way is to tell them you want to remove something.

pjzocc likes this.
  7. CRA_Fizzer

CRA_Fizzer Honking at putter!

I can't wait to drop them next month. Been a customer forever.

8. pjzocc

pjzocc Well-Known Member

Will try it tomorrow and see what I can get off.

(wonder if it’ll work with Brazzers...)

lonewrench and sharkattack like this.
  9. pjzocc

pjzocc Well-Known Member

What’s your plan post?

10. CRA_Fizzer

I am finally getting high speed internet.
    I live in the country and Centurylink just pulled a ton of fiber and installed DSLAMs. I'm less than a mile from the DSLAM so I anticipate 20-40Meg. I'm currently at 3

Going w/ Amazon and a Fire Stick. Am testing one right now and it is awesome even w/ my limited speed!
    Using the antenna (batwing) off of my toyhauler for the locals. I upgraded it a King OA8300.

11. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

I hate you people that live in the country. No way am I going back to Time Warner/Spectrum and AT&T is currently pulling fiber to areas that don't have internet. Which means I will not get U Verse for a very long time.

12. Kelbor

Kelbor Well-Known Member

We have the same but I'm running a Mac Mini and a Firestick. Great combo.

13. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

Same here. I wanted whole house DVR and they demanded $99.00 for the change. I told the lady I had been a customer for 16 years and that they were giving it for free to all the new customers. She could have cared less. I went to Dish, got the DVR and all the same channels at a better price. Two weeks or so later DirecTV sent me an offer for everything I was asking for if I would sign back up! Idiots!

dtalbott likes this.
  14. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

If they don't give you what you want, ask to talk to a customer retention expert.
    I've done it several times and always received a good deal.

15. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

Top of your house would look like this:
    [​IMG]

16. xrated

xrated Well-Known Member

DirecTV can suck a bag of dicks for all I care. One of the worst customer service experiences I've ever had in 63 years. Did I mention that I don't like them?

17. CRA_Fizzer

I can't wait to dump the $150/month bill...

18. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

I don't miss it.

19. renegade17

renegade17 Well-Known Member

damn it looks like you guys have never dealt with verizon.

condon66 likes this.
  20. condon66

condon66 Member well known

Verizon sets the mark for horrible customer service. I'd rather cut a finger off than call those freakin idiots.