1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I was wrong, Hippy Joe was right.

Discussion in 'General' started by Dave K, Sep 24, 2017.

1. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I got to drive one of the Tesla sedans and I have to admit that is did not suck and it just might be the future of cars in the US.

Yeah, it's still ghey as NY professional football but I think the purple koolaide might be pretty good.

But $120K (or whatever it goes for) is stupid.

Phl218 and Lawn Dart like this.
  2. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

They're freakin sweet. I was amazed at the torque.

3. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

That's what got me. The torque and all the stupid amounts of room in in. Hated the displays (it was like an Apple store) but . . .damn, it really did not suck.

4. aaronson

aaronson Well-Known Member

Someone told me for $10,000 you can down load a high performance mod that gets rid of the internal governor . From what he said the car is really held back performance wise and that the average Joe can not handle the full potential of what that car really can do.

Phl218 likes this.
  5. R1Racer99

R1Racer99 Well-Known Member

I'm not a fan of electric cars but those YouTube videos of the kid beating full on drag cars with his dad's Tesla are pretty funny. I don't know what he did to it but it destroys everything off the line.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2017
    418 likes this.
  6. Electric vehicles suck, regardless of how many wheels they have. I will never own one.

cav115 and crashman like this.
  7. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

Lol. You'll rent one in Dubai or some shit and end buying three.

Phl218, Sabre699, Sweatypants and 2 others like this.
  8. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

Four. He has nothing to door with odd numbers.

Phl218 likes this.
  9. aaronson

aaronson Well-Known Member

If go-cart Josh buys a electric car where all in trouble

Phl218, Shenanigans and terminus est like this.
  10. BSA43

BSA43 Well-Known Member

The funniest story I've heard lately is about the people (buyers of the less expensive model with less range) who had their car software upgraded to allow more range due to lack of charging ability in the areas of the recent hurricanes.

Imagine: A simple software download and your car has the same range as the more expensive model.

In other words, the cheaper model HAS the same range of the more expensive one, but it is software-limited to less.

Phl218 likes this.
  11. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

I don't think there could possibly be a more biased person...:Poke:

Gorilla George likes this.
  12. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

I would love to give a big FU to the oil companies and not have to buy gas, but not for over $100K for the car.

The Tesla SUV looks like an AMC Pacer. UGLY.

13. zertrider

zertrider Waiting for snow. Or sun.

And Chaotic appreciates your loyalty to the fossil fuels that he helps pull from the ground.

Gorilla George likes this.
  14. Jon Wilkens

Jon Wilkens Well-Known Member

Tesla would be the only electric car I'd even consider owning.

15. Mick6R

Mick6R Well-Known Member

Check out Motor Trend Channel Worlds Greatest Dragrace 7 over on YouTube. Pretty impressive for an electric.

16. :mad:

crashman likes this.
  17. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

Sorry Broome, but there's NO reason for gas prices to be as high as they are. And it pisses me off. They used the Gulf Wars as a reason to jack up prices, then leave them there because we got used to paying over $2/gallon for gas.

18. Dude, the US has some of the lowest gas prices in the world. The vast majority of places pay 3-6x what we do. We have it so great, we just don't realize it.

Dragginass, 418, Phl218 and 5 others like this.
  19. ToofPic

ToofPic Well-Known Member

If you give me a job,I promise to never drive one of them queer cars,and promise to dig up all dinosaurs and make them my bish.
    So ....when do I start ???:flag:

20. Everyone in the US buys giant gas-sucking trucks, and then complains about gas prices. It's awesome :rolleyes: