1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

i want a lightweight battery

Discussion in 'General' started by cpettit, May 6, 2010.

1. jasong

jasong Well-Known Member

Jimmy Ong at Sales(at)mavirykdesign.com

so is his email address,
    [email protected] ?

2. cobes

cobes Well-Known Member

Just got a Ballistic recentley. No complaints, works well, 4-cell for cheap.

3. Are all of these batteries SS legal?

:D

4. Suburbanrancher

Suburbanrancher Chillzilla

As long as you buy them in the new Ronco 'As Seen on TV' three-piece kit that also comes with a Brembo MC and Double Bubble.

5. atomic410

atomic410 Well-Known Member

bought a balistic for my duc from ridersdirect on here

6. Fireball

Fireball Well-Known Member

I haven't had any luck contacting Jimmy ofmavirykdesign. I have called and emailed but no response.

7. RubberChicken

RubberChicken PimpMasterT

SHORAI BATTERY

[​IMG]

Put one in my S1000RR, shaved off 5.25 lb in ten minutes. (7.1 lb stocker vs 1lb 8.5 oz for the Shorai.)

8. eurobiketrash

eurobiketrash Well-Known Member

I purchased two Ballistic batteries from Chip at KWS. It maybe because im old fashion; but I feel they are more substantial than a battery which looks like it goes in a cordless phone. No complaints with construction, ease of installation and chargeability. Surely no complaint with knowing there is a warranty also. It was almost like they arrived the same day ordered also.
    :up: thanks Chip.

9. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

Oh yeah? Well I bought a battery by Full Spectrum Power because of the same reasons and Jason is a good guy. The use of the quick disconnect industry leading rip-cords made it a simple choice for me. Plus my battery arrived a day after I ordered it.

10. drew231506

drew231506 Zero sponsors

+1 Full Spectrum is the only way to go. EVERYTHING made in the USA. And this aint a bad endorsement either.

Full Spectrum Batteries Dominate AMA Pro Racing

163 Top 10's

106 Top 5's

68 Podiums

25 Wins

8 Pole Positions

1 Championship

There's prolly a reason those Ballistic Batteries come with a warranty.

11. metalkid88

metalkid88 Well-Known Member

cant beat full spectrum...its the only lightweight battery to have.

12. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

So how much faster does this lightweight battery make you?

13. metalkid88

i gained an avg of .8 seconds a lap.

14. dtalbott

:wow:

15. metalkid88

its a joke. couldnt tell you if you gained anything or not. We just put it in because its the cheapest way to cut that kinda weight.

16. dtalbott

And here I was thinking your mad skillz could take advantage of the weight difference in batteries.

Way to just disillusion me. :D

17. A lightweight battery is kinda like a 520 chain kit, or lightened rear rotor, or Ti bolts, or an aluminum subframe, or even a full exhaust. Any single one of those mods by themselves = not much of a difference. But all of those mods done together can transform a bike. The battery is just 1 piece of the puzzle.

18. dtalbott

Don't forget the easiest weight savings - going to the bathroom before the race.

19. Exactly how much does shit weight? :D

Don't worry, i got that part covered. I piss twice before the first call and then at least once per call afterwards.