1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"I shot him as much as I could"

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by ryoung57, May 19, 2011.

1. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

Shot placement is everything as far as I'm concerned. I carry a Ruger LCP (.380) with a lazer sight on it. That sight made a world of difference when it comes to low light or quick target acquisition. I hope I never have to use it but it will do the job if needed.

2. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

Maybe you need to check her over a bit more closely. She sounds like she's got bigger ones than most guys. :)

3. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

4. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

Nope. Just an aggressive young lady. A swimmer too so there is no shortage of upper body strength. She also inherited my charming demeanor so that probably accounts for some of it too.:D

5. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

Oh shit. :D

6. Buckwild

Buckwild Radical

I'm curious to know why there's even a debate here.

Bad guy dead. Good story.

7. charles

charles The Transporter

Actually this could be a most interesting thread, probably two primary issues and a shitload of secondary issues:

1. Shot placement/caliber/distance/speed... Anyway you cut it, a close personal encounter will require you (the intended victim) to be very quick on the draw, if you are using a firearm. Hopefully, your weapon is in your hand/s. Your assailant is not expected to stand in one place and allow you to shoot him dead. Count on him/her moving around at least a little...do we use a smaller caliber handgun, for example, and count on multiple hits (shot placement), or do we rely on a larger caliber with more power per shot (and possibly less accuracy when fired in haste)? Do we practice shooting rapidly at moving targets? how about in darkness? How fast can we draw from our concealed holsters or waistbands and fire, do we measure the speed and try to improve, hopefully without blasting gaping holes in our thighs or abdomen?
    How about if our strong hand gets disabled, can we shoot well enough with our weak hand? Should we live-fire practice in our homes, just to make sure we got it right? Should we also train with bladed weapons? Should we have 'hide-out' last resort weapons around the home or business?

2. Legal problems: some shootings are quite clear as to legality (legally justified, no charges brought by prosecutor) but some shootings raise thorny questions. Are we prepared for what takes place if and when we need to make another person dead or severly wounded? Have we discussed this with a competent attorney, or done enough legal research to know what to do and how to do it, when the police arrive and the questions begin? Oh laugh at this if you will, but do so at your own peril. If you have chosen to maintain lethal weapons in your home or business, then you should be prepared for a multitude of possible legal scenarios.

Me? Well I've learned from this present case (thread starter). I will always be in the shower, and my assailant will have dragged me out of the shower into my bedroom, to attempt to force me to do unmanly unspeakable acts, where I will shoot him/her numerous times, perhaps also hack away at him/her with machetes or swords, before they drag themself out of my home to bleed out on the lawn or driveway. I will then call the police, and then run naked, screaming and wailing loudly, out onto the street, where neighbors will wrap a blanket around me and console me before the authorities arrive.

8. H8R

H8R Bansgivings in process

No kidding.

The monster truck driving, right wing votin', balls hanging from their bumper crew isn't happy that the guy is dead because she used a little pop gun. When in fact they believe she missed the opportunity to shoot him with a fucking bazooka.

9. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

[​IMG]

Clack Clack Clack

10. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

:D

11. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

I remember a couple of years ago when we had a "justified" shooting near where I live and the initial report was a young teen female contacting her grandfather that lived nearby regarding an attempted breakin at the teen's home while she was alone. The grandfather came over and the initial report was that the gentleman was shot in that back and killed on the sidewalk. I heard this report and thought to myself, "this report will be changed." Sure enough, the next report on the radio said, "the individual was shot in the back... while going toward the mother and another granddaughter in the yard." :D

Funny how the police can work things out for the betterment of society. :p

I even brought the story up to a local police officer that was a friend of mine and well aware of the incident since he is an officer in the same county. I mentioned the additions to the report. He smiled and said that, "that was interesting." Similar to how every loved member of the neighborhoods down here that gets killed by a criminal always turns out to be a beloved Deacon of the local Umpty Scratch Church. :D

12. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

You said it, not me!

Just a couple of southern boys having some fun. :crackup: :Poke:

:rolleyes: Your right wing infatuation gets old after awhile, can't ya use some of that brilliant liberal intelligence to come up with some new material? :Poke: :moon:

Last edited: May 26, 2011
  13. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

He hasn't figured out that most rednecks are yellow dog democrats. :D

14. Buckwild

Buckwild Radical

LMAO! No shit.

She could have killed that fool with a spork for all I care.:beer:

15. H8R

Must really suck being too close minded to laugh. It does explain a lot though.

16. charles

charles The Transporter

"When you have to shoot, shoot! Don't talk!"

There's entirely too much talking about this situation. All that matters is shooting. We should be shooting, not talking. Practice at home...practice at work...practice at the mall...practice makes perfect.

17. H8R

Yup. A woman home alone, in the shower, fights off a rapist/murder, and then ends him with a pistol saving herself. I just get the feeling that some of the gun nutters can't tell when they've won.

18. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Gun nutters, really?

Because a few guys recommended a larger caliber weapon, then you tell me to be more open minded and laugh a little? LOL!

19. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Small caliber can be quite effective.

20. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

So could a knife, baseball bat and pitchfork. :p