1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need the use of a walk-in style cooler for the next week

Discussion in 'General' started by 976-FIZR, Apr 22, 2011.

1. 976-FIZR

976-FIZR In transition...

Does anyone in the Perimeter area of Atlanta (or along the I-85 corridor in Gwinnett) have access to the use of a large, walk-in style cooler? Maybe a restaurant or something? I have 50 bare root saplings that were errantly delivered yesterday instead of next Thursday, and I need to keep them about 40-45 degrees until next Thursday morning or most likely they'll die. They're 4 +/- feet long, so I can't keep them in my big white portable cooler, 'cause it's not long enough.

Please PM me if you can help. Thanks.

2. 6_Myles

6_Myles Well-Known Member

The forest service here (W. North Carolina) all have seedling coolers at their main headquarters for just that kind of thing (I design them all).

They're typically just good ole boys and might be willing to work with you if you call them.

3. SirCrashAlot

SirCrashAlot Well-Known Member

You could use ours but its a couple of hours from where you are. If you're willing to make the drive ...bring em on.

4. tony 340

tony 340 Well-Known Member

Call some local trucking companies.

See how much they want for a reefer trailer for a week. Shouldn't be more than a few hundred bucks.

5. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Take em to the Farmers Market in Forest Park and slip somoene a $20... Hundreds of Big coolers there...

6. 976-FIZR

976-FIZR In transition...

Found one, right here in Dunwoody. Thanks, all.