1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a new handgun...lets talk guns today. :D

Discussion in 'General' started by Kris87, Mar 17, 2010.

1. GixxerJohn011

GixxerJohn011 Well-Known Member

2. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

edit: you clarified in a separate post.

3. RonR

RonR Well-Known Member

The auditors are quick here.

4. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

This shyt is confusing! Sometimes I think the government likes it like that. I want people to have correct information that's easy to understand.

We are back to where we are about a year ago. I stopped bringing my AR pistols out just to stay away from the confusion of it all.

5. RonR

RonR Well-Known Member

Especially living in our “State” of confusion lol

speedluvn likes this.
  6. Dillonjohnson

Dillonjohnson Well-Known Member

I just received a Xiphos V2 and a T1M holster from Tier one. First impressions are very good. I got both holsters with the discreet clips, and i bought one of their Kore belts to try against my leather gunner belt.

So far these get a 10/10

I'd been a CCL holder for a few years, but just started carrying about a month ago with a Kramer leather holster ive had for a little while. I hated it at first, but eventually got used to it. Initial impressions are I will not be using the kramer ever again, after wearing a T1.

redtailracing likes this.
  7. deathwagon

deathwagon Well-Known Member

I have five Tier 1 Concealed Axis Elite holsters. At $160 for a light-bearing appendix rig, they are not cheap. At $160 they are still worth it. Nobody else does it as well. I just ordered a Xiphos Elite for lighter flow days when I don't want to carry a weapon light and a spare mag. I should buy stock in the company.

redtailracing likes this.
  8. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

Yup, that injunction was a while back.....PSA is the only retailer that I can find that is selling and shipping their PSA branded AR Pistols w/braces even though there is that nationwide junction.

You can buy an AR pistol with just the buffer tube and then buy the brace separate from all other mfg's.

I watch the Armed Scholar and Washington Gun Law daily on YT to get the latest news on gun cases. They have updates on the most important 2A cases in the country everyday.

9. gapman789

That's all good and dandy, but the real question is , WTF do you have in that bus and trailer in your avatar?! :bow:

10. Dillonjohnson

My bad, I meant I bought an Xiphos Elite not the V2. The flex it has with that paracord really helps. I’m gonna play with ride height and the claw some. I’ve kinda floated my old holster between 12 o’clock and like 2:30, but never really found the “right” spot. Seemed like keeping the barrel somewhere at that crease between your leg and your member worked best. Any advice on that?

11. Dillonjohnson

Carries all of my shit to and from the track! bikes, cars, tires, grills, spares literally everything. I was looking for a while for the right one, this came up June of last year down in Naples FL. It is WAY WAY overkill, but it is nice with the wife kids and dogs. If you see it at the track, feel free to stop by and take a look inside. Hell if you need to flip a rear, I even put a tire machine in the damn thing!

Sabre699 likes this.
  12. GixxerJohn011

The Armed Scholars click bait titles are going to get somebody in trouble if they don’t watch the video. He gets a little long winded for me. I much prefer Washington Gun Law.

Sig is selling braced pistols and sent a letter to their dealers saying they’d buy them back, from the retailer not consumers, if the rule flipped again.

Probably just a marketing gimmick but it worked. I’ve been thinking about a back pack gun again and between my phone spying and that damn letter a 9” Spear LT in 300 Blackout is all I can think about lately. Anybody here play with one?

Last edited: Feb 12, 2024
  13. dazo

dazo Well-Known Member

I have the Xiphos Elite and it is so wide that it ends up in the same place every time for me because the clips just barely fit between the belt loops on the front of my jeans. I use three of the plates on the claw and a medium width foam wedge. The wedge has helped with comfort as well angling the grip of the gun into my body to help conceal.

14. RonR

RonR Well-Known Member

With carry guns reliability is number 1.
    Comfortable is 1.1
    If it isn’t comfortable it won’t get carried.

15. deathwagon

What you described is exactly what I do. The barrel is in line with the spot where the inside of my leg meets my pelvis. Using a wedge or pad on the very bottom of the holster helps with comfort, and also rotates the top of the gun inward to help with concealment. Here's my couch cushion setup for 14+ hours per day carry:

upload_2024-2-13_12-7-41.png

16. Dillonjohnson

Right on. I did order a wedge pack so I'm going to mess with it. I stuck one of them on there, and it was way too big I hated it, so I'm going to mess with some of the smaller ones tonight. I think I'm going to have to order one of the wider wedges though, the narrow ones seem like they take all the pressure of the end of the barrel and put it in one spot.

I've got a 507 Holosun coming for my 365X and I'm excited to try it. I had a red dot on one of my glocks a few years ago and just never did really like it, or at least I didn't put enough effort into using it correctly.

17. RonR

RonR Well-Known Member

I don’t shoot my red dot pistols enough to have the muscle memory for easily going straight to the dot. So I go to the irons and then the dot is there waiting for me.

Dillonjohnson likes this.
  18. GixxerJohn011

Look on YouTube and Instagram for Scott Jedlinski or Modern Samurai Project. Dude’s all about the dot. He’s a hell of a shooter and even better teacher.

19. deathwagon

Iron sights are for those who are nostalgic or just want to lose a gun fight :)

GixxerJohn011 likes this.
  20. gapman789

I was hoping they would sell out 'quick', but they didn't so I just bought one. Damnit. Now wtf am I gonna build it into?