1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a new handgun...lets talk guns today. :D

Discussion in 'General' started by Kris87, Mar 17, 2010.

1. Jed

Jed mellifluous

STI, Legion, Q5,Uplula...

A full custom Akai in .38 Super will complete bringing you all the way across to the spendy side.

Gorilla George likes this.
  2. Jed

Jed mellifluous

Blacked out 9mm open class...

Attached Files:

wsmc 589 and Gorilla George like this.
  3. :moon:

4. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

Only buy Staball if you are desperate. No one I know has had any luck with it. It goes bang, but it is not preferred at all. Buy IMR 4451 if you fibd it. Great substitute for 43550.

5. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

Cool, thanks I can wait. I still have some 4350 and just ran out of r16 yesterday.

6. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

7. Damnit.

I bought that Uplula, and my quarterly Crate Club box of goodies came in, and there was one included in it.

8. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

Two is one, one is none, or however the tacticool expression goes..

9. Had an awesome afternoon at the range today. Was there for 2.5hrs and put a little over 200 rounds through all 5 of them. And Ruger was awake so I got to play with him.

If I had to rank some of the larger 9mm’s I have, it would go like this...

STI
    X5 Legion
    Q5 Match SF
    H&K VP9L Tactical
    Canik Tp9-SFX

I like the X5L better than the Q5. It is almost like splitting hairs. But the Legion has a better trigger and less recoil.

I wanna like the Q5 better, because it was like $600 more expensive, but I don’t.

The same goes for the big Canik and the VP9L. It’s like splitting hairs again. I shoot the HK better, but that might be because I’ve got thousands more rounds through it.

But like I’ve said before, the fact that the big Canik is listed with those others says a lot. IMO it has to be one of the best “bang for the buck” pistols available.

I think for a true comparison of the big Canik and VP9L, I need to get one of the new FN 509 LS Edge. I’ll go see if Brandon has one tomorrow.

10. Steak Travis

just got 8lbs of imr 4451 on powder valley. they have some other stuff in stock now

hodgon website has it too

Last edited: Apr 21, 2021
  11. sbk1198

sbk1198 Well-Known Member

Good to know! Now I'm convinced I want a X5 Legion (or the new P320Max, which is mainly the same thing but it comes with an installed red dot on it). As much as I'd love to have an STI, it's just way out of my price range. The X5 Legion seems to be a really good bang for the buck.

12. sbk1198

I just got some overpriced small pistol primers today. I can't believe I spent $104 on a box, and Midway limits you to just one box! But that's still way less than mofos are asking for them locally! Need to find 2 more boxes at reasonable prices and then I'll be good for a while

13. Jed

Jed mellifluous

I don't see a CZ on there. Get a Czech Mate to compare to the STI.
    10 cents per primer? Damn. My per round reload cost used to be about .11 for primer, power, and bullet.

14. sbk1198

Yep. Shit's outrageous these days. Nowadays you'll be lucky to find just the projectiles for under 12 cents. I think if I average it all out, I'm at around 30 cents per round for everything including brass.

People locally are asking as much as $250 for a box of 1000 primers!

15. Steak Travis

Yeah this 8lb jug will be good for everything I reload. I was able to trade a guy 1lb of H4350 for 1000 LRP's last month. I'm still finding components at regular prices locally still so that's good. It seems like loaded ammo is becoming more available now too, though I'm good on everything. If I see Another box of primers and maybe 100 pieces of brass of 6.5 and 308 and I'll be set for quite awhile but I'm in no hurry.

16. sbk1198

What kind of 6.5 brass are you looking for? I may have some.

17. Steak Travis

Once fired is fine hornady, Peterson, federal LRP

18. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

Nice. I just ordered some pistol powder. There was no good rifle powder left.

19. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

20. I’ve started to see the ammo prices come down, a little.

I just watched a short video from the CEO of Remington where he said “we are back”.

They acquired Remington out of bankruptcy back in October (I believe), and then had issues sourcing raw materials.

They’ve got those issues sorted, hired more people, and are now making ammo 24/7.

Hopefully with more ammo flooding the market things will improve.

I think things might make a turn soon to where sourcing ammo isn’t the problem, (high capacity) guns will be. But I won’t say more than that because it will get political.