1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a new handgun...lets talk guns today. :D

Discussion in 'General' started by Kris87, Mar 17, 2010.

1. Hollywood

Hollywood different breed

Do it!

2. gt#179

gt#179 Dirt Dork

anyone going to SHOT this year?

3. knutz

knutz Well-Known Member

Picked up a Rock Island 9mm/22tcm double stack this past weekend.

For the money a damn fine pistol for competition. I was pleasantly surprised .

Yeah it's not an STI , SPS or similar high dollar 2011, but for $730 it's ran about 500 rounds flawlessly so far.

Next it's getting shipped to Hayes Custom Guns and having a little bit of work done just because

4. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

@blkduc
    The 320C arrived at Sig on Monday this week. Based on others' wait times, I should have a range report sometime around late Jan/ early feb.

@shakazulu12 The holsters are working out pretty well. Thanks!

5. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

Cool! Can't wait to hear your thoughts! I think I've decided to do it, I haven't heard anything bad yet.

6. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

This post is Steeltoe Approved.

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Pretty. Would be nicer than figuring out which of my antiques shoots best :D

8. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

Mine arrived at sig on Tuesday so we’ll see!

9. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

Race ya!
    :D

10. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

@Jedb shot the X Carry some more this past weekend. Sig may win me back yet. Waiting to see how the P365 performs in the real world and might settle back on Sigs. P365 and x5 Would handle everything I need in two guns.

Jedb likes this.
  11. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

IMAG2105.jpg

dobr24 and sanee like this.
  12. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

13. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

Finally!

14. Newsshooter

Now you need a scope, the Athlon Cronus BTR is really nice for the money, the Ares line isn't bad either, I've got one of each. They can be had for quite a bit less than MSRP too.

15. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

The plan is a Viper PST Gen 2 ffp 5-25. It will have to wait a couple month though. In the mean time, I'm going to throw my 4-12x40 3200 on it.

16. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

That tool chest is excellent.

Gun aint bad, either.

17. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Good gawd, do they still make those label machines? :crackup:

I woulda never thought so, but they're damn handy (no pun intended) and I could find a dozen legitimate uses for one, if not a hundred frivolous uses. :D

18. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

19. Newsshooter

Cronus glass is more like a gen II razor and can be had for about 300 more than the PST, I like the reticle better too, .2 mil holds for wind in the first mil. Hoping they will put the floating dot in the Cronus. Looked through a buddies Nightforce 7-35 this past weekend with the floating dot, it was really nice, of course it's 3500. He also wished it had the .2 wind holds for those small corrections.

20. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

Being my first foray into long range and the fact that I have a hookup for Vortex, the Viper, I think, is the ideal scope for me at this point. And yeah, $3k for a scope is not in my plans any time soon. That buys a lot of ammo.