1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a freshly baked helmet...

Discussion in 'General' started by ChuckS, Oct 23, 2008.

1. ChuckS

ChuckS Well-Known Member

for my big ol' melon head...

Started shopping for a new helmet for next year, and the ones I picked up on the shelf at a particular dealer had dates of manufacture back in '06.

Now, I hope not to bounce my head off the tarmac too often, so I'd like to maximize the length of time my helmet is legal for competition. Going into 2009 with a helmet already 3 years from manufacture isn't what I want.

Admittedly, XXXL helmets aren't flying off the shelves, but anybody got tips on getting a helmet that's not so close to it's expiration date?

2. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

3. Spyderchick

Spyderchick Leather Goddess

4. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

All I can say is if you're gonna sport strawberries on your lid you better be winning.

5. Spyderchick

Spyderchick Leather Goddess

Or female. ;)

6. ScottyRock155

ScottyRock155 A T-Rex going RAWR!

I can't really help, but I just wanted to say "Thank You", from all the XXL headed people out there for giving us someone we can make fun of for having a big head. :D

7. james walker

james walker beat down, broken & busted

i dont know nothing about no expiration dates..........but i could see you in something like this....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

i think you could easily pull off the Gimli look :D. 'course you'd have to pop rivet one of those old school bubble visors on the front.

:beer:, buddy.
    :D:D:D:D

8. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Dude you got bigger issues than your noggin. Issat you?

[​IMG]

9. ChuckS

ChuckS Well-Known Member

Dang, a whole bunch of helpful answers! :moon:

James, I'm gonna get "Flying Viking" on the back of my new leathers.

10. GAMBLER

GAMBLER Neard supporter

11. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

pm yama-saurus and see what he can do for you

12. james walker

james walker beat down, broken & busted

sweeet!

i kicked around the idea of getting "DYN-O-MITE" on the back of mine. :cool: