1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I like orange Tic-Tacs

Discussion in 'General' started by Evad101, Aug 2, 2023.

1. Evad101

Evad101 Well-Known Member

My FIL has had this 2013 Jeep Wrangler Sport (base model) for the last 5 years and has only put a total of 1500+/- miles on it. He keeps it at his summer home in Chelan, WA. He planned to use it for hunting and various back road trips but he usually just takes his F-150 thus the limited usage.

Its has 90k+ miles on it but the previous owner had it for a daily and never off roaded it. It had a few small issues but my FIL had them fixed as he is anal about anything that is not working and just pays the dealer to fix them.

It has a 2" lift (not sure brand) 35" tires on aluminum wheels, full front/rear bumpers and Smittybilt winch.

He was looking to sell it so I offered him $15k for it which he accepted. I will daily it to the gym as it gets way better gas mileage than my GMC 3500hd gaser but other than that, it will be fun rig for us to play with.

I have a neighbor buddy who is into Jeeps and he says its a good deal and well set up for some basic off roading. I used to off road a lot back in the early 90's in my 83 Toyota (completed the Rubicon trail in it) so I'm comfortable off road.

Not sure I will do much to it other than an ARB locker in the rear and maybe way down the road (or sooner if I break an axle) a Dana 44 up front and lower ratio transfer case from a Rubicon version of the same jeep.

Any other Jeep folks here that have other suggestions?

IMG_0681(1).jpg
    IMG_0682(1).jpg
    IMG_0683(1).jpg
    IMG_0684(2).jpg
    IMG_0685.jpg
    IMG_0686.jpg

2. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

I;m not a Jeepster but you copped a nice ride.
    Good luck with it.

In Your Corner and Evad101 like this.
  3. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

It's got 3 pedals...even in a Jeep that's respectable. :D

ChemGuy and Evad101 like this.
  4. Evad101

Modern Day Anti Theft Device :cool:

TurboBlew, MachineR1 and Sabre699 like this.
  5. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

I just came here to say what a unique position you've found yourself in to be choosing a lifted Jeep to daily for better gas mileage

6. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

I dig it

7. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Broome approved??

8. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Only if a wheel gets stuck. Damn you city boys dont know nuthin do ya...

:D

Evad101 likes this.
  9. Evad101

17 City / 19 Hwy beats 10 City / 13 Hwy all day in my position. :D (working from home does have its advantages)

10. lee955i

lee955i The Traveling Gnome

Honestly, cool little rig! The orange looks good!

11. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

What things are hidden on it? Lizards, bugs, flip flops?

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Run it, break it, replace parts with better parts :D

That one looks really nice.