1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I know this is a Wera race forum but

Discussion in 'General' started by Ahab, Oct 15, 2007.

1. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

I hope nobody minds if I start a thread about Wera roadracing at the GNF.

Man, what about that Formula 2 National? Kris Turner comes from the back of the grid to win the race, turning a 1:31.19 on a borrowed 250 he'd never ridden before last week :wow:

I think he and Miles Thornton were talking and Miles offered him his 250 because Miles is not old enough to compete on it yet (c'mon Miles, hurry up and grow up already :D ) Now that's a good story. Good on ya Miles and good job on the 125. Man you holding off some fast SVs out there in F2. And way to go Kris!

Looking forward to seeing you guys on the track next year.

Any other good racing at the GNF?

2. Yeah good on ya Miles...watching you go around that guy on the purple bike (sorry don't remember the #), around the outside of T7 was great. You had the entire T6 T7 area applauding you. You fought with him and one other guy just about the entire race. :up:

3. SmokeSignalRT

SmokeSignalRT Fat Member

Wall and I were watching from turn 10 and Turner was still behind Wesby (sp) going up under the bridge and I remeber saying "well he alsmost did it" and then I looked at mylaps last night :wow: it must have been a war in turn 12. All the races were great but I really think the LW guys put on the best show. Oh and Slay thanks for they coffee :beer: I really had a blast this weekend hanging out with you, Kris, Ricky, Thomas, George and the families. Its weekends like this that remind me why I go to the races. Im looking forward to weekends like this for years to come :)

4. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

I'll tell you another thing that got my attention: Batey and Thompson bending those F1 bikes thru T9. Geeezzzzzuuuusss. I think Batey is the best there is at putting down a fast Lap 1 (a lot of weekends he's the best at putting down the fast lap period). He seems to nail that first lap. Thompson gradually reeled him in but couldn't go fast enough to go by. A bunch of us went to the outside of the track just below T9 and perched up on the van so that you could see the bikes come off the straight and thru nine. Seeing those guys screaming thru there is burned into my brain this morning. For lack of a more articulate comment-- fck that was awesome.

5. Cliff0529

Cliff0529 Well-Known Member

I love the GNF's, every class seems to have really amazing battles for the lead. But the LWT guys are always a blast to watch...I am constantly watching going :wow: .

I need to step my game up a lot more before I can even dream of running with those guys! :)

6. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

I need to step my game up a lot more before I can even dream of running with those guys! :)[/QUOTE]

What are you talking about? Didn't I see you in a heated battle w/ Burr in D-Superstock? Man that's good company. I watched you guys come down thru T12 at the finish. Pretty close eh? Good job on not getting rattled. Burr is a cagey veteran. He put a Miguel on yer ass! That was a great race.

7. Chip

Chip Registered

:up:

8. Spicoli

Spicoli Cannoli Owned

Doesn't Lawn Dart have a purple SV? :D And yeah, even the guys with the stretched Busas and custom painted ZX-14's were applauding. Nice show. You're lucky that Mike's curse of Sunday didn't slap you!

9. Cliff0529

Cliff0529 Well-Known Member

:crackup: That he did. Rod's the man! :bow:

10. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

Hey Chip, rumor has it that the KWS bike was making "well over 200hp". Just what I heard (?) but damn those things seemed to be going by as fast as any front-running AMA superbike I've seen there and sounded more wicked. Maybe it was just the weather. Good job KWS and Ben Thompson. There was some serious puckering in T10 all weekend...

11. Chip

Chip Registered

The F1 bike is the bike we are talking to the Macau GP and yes....it makes well over 200hp. Says a lot about Trey huh?

Ben got balked on the first lap and rode an amazing race to catch trey on the last lap. He said he had about 15mph on him on the back straight but hit the rev limiter in 6th because of the draft.....and that was all she wrote. Killer race and I couldn't be happier about the weekend. Trey is just the freaking man!

12. Lawn Dart

Lawn Dart Difficult. With a big D.

He does, but neither he nor the bike were there.

Might have been Dennis Ergo, he has a purple bike and gets passed alot :D

13. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

Says a lot about Batey, KWS and Thompson. I suspect that guy has a bright future in AMA. I hope he gets the support he deserves.

Someone should write a book about Batey.

Good luck to you guys and Haner (I presume) on the streets of Macau. :beer:

14. turner38

turner38 Well-Known Member

We owe A BIG thanks to Richard and Miles Thornton for letting Kris ride their TZ250, where else would a competitor loan you a bike knowing it only gives you a better chance to beat them? I was thinking about not even going to the GNF because Kris had only been able to do one WERA race this year and was only invited for the F2 national race, there wouldn't have been much use in going on a 125 starting in the back, I mentioned finding a 250 for Kris to ride and Miles said "Kris can ride mine". Kris really impressed me getting up to pace as fast as he did he had a total of 23 laps on the bike including the race, he said on the last lap he finally figured out how to get the TZ thru the esses and the bus stop, he wishes he had more laps on it, he thinks he could get in the 29's on it in a few more laps.

15. Cuddles de Sade

Cuddles de Sade AnACREE in the UK!!!

...;) ...