1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I know this has already been brought 1,000 times Cell phones, and switching from Verizon.

Discussion in 'General' started by assjuice cyrus, Jul 20, 2018.

1. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

Thinking about switching from Verizon to either Sprint or AT&T. Verizon is just getting out of hand with there fees and b.s . and it just keeps going up and up. So, what have you guys done. Have you switched, glad you did or wish you would have stayed?

R/T Performance likes this.
  2. Woofentino Pugr

Woofentino Pugr Well-Known Member

Left US Cellular for Verizon and was much happier. No more dropping to 1G on a regular basis like USCC was doing. No more BS trying to pay a bill.

3. BrianC636

BrianC636 Well-Known Member

I have AT&T and it sucks ass. There is no such thing as customer service.

Mot Okstef likes this.
  4. TX Joose

TX Joose Well-Known Member

Metro PCS.

Sprint blows I could only take them for a few weeks. You can't use data and be on a call.

5. R1Racer99

R1Racer99 Well-Known Member

Ting. You pay for what you use, my average bill is $30 per month. They use the Sprint network so it might not be the best but it works fine for me, couldn't be happier after paying $95 a month for years.

6. prospected

prospected Well-Known Member

I'm convinced MetroPCS is a government subsidized service as all their stores are in the ghetto near DC and Baltimore.

StaccatoFan and notbostrom like this.
  7. beac83

beac83 "My safeword is bananna"

Look into the resellers of AT&T and Verizon. Usually half the price and same coverage.

I moved to Cricket - an AT&T reseller a few years back, saved 60% on my bill for the same service level.
    Kept my number and my phone. Just got a new SIM card.

8. gixxerboy55

gixxerboy55 Well-Known Member

Another vote for Cricket.

9. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

How is the phone situation at cricket and those places. Can you get a new Samsung or iPhone through them or you have to buy it outright? How does all that work?

Gixxerguy855 likes this.
  10. vfrket

vfrket Lost Member

Sadly Verizon has the best cell service in OH. If you have anything less than the 4 phone unlimited family plan, yes the price sucks. Those w 4 phones might be happier. You just gotta stop looking at all that pr0n on your phone all the time....

11. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I have Sprint and AT&T and they both suck. But they don't suck any worse than the others so I've never seen a need to leave them to get the same amount of suck.

Really, if you just remember they all suck then it comes down to who is the cheapest.

12. Kolbe

Kolbe Well-Known Member

:stupid: with all the travel I do in rural areas they seem to be the best for coverage in my area. Still hates paying for it though.

13. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

I've been tempted to give that Cricket a try but I'm now up to 4 lines and oddly enough it's not THAT bad, I'm now paying roughly $240/mo.

14. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

Verizon has to make up in cell profits what it’s losing on FIOS. I got rid of their TV service at home and I’m not looking back. SlingTV FTW!

15. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

FIOS is a small portion of Verizon’s revenue stream.

16. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

I have T-mobil and out here it definitely isn't as good as Verizon. My wife and kids were on Verizon for years while I had all the business phones, and my phone on Sprint, AT&T for a couple weeks and now T-mobile for about 5 years. My wife and kids moved over to T-mobile with me probably about 4 years ago.

Good points
    1. It is less expensive, I have 10-15 lines and 4 GPS auto trackers and it is hundreds less per month vs. Verizon...I just signed up for the GPS stuff so I don't know how well it works?
    2. When I fly on American Airlines...maybe others too... I get an hour of free WIFI in the air plus free texting the entire flight
    3. We are all unlimited and so no more worrying about data. The kids really like this, as they do a lot of netflix, etc. and never have to worry.
    4. Free hot-spotting for all cellphones. I like it when using my laptop on road trips, so I can read off my laptop, instead of the small phone screen.
    5. Traveling throughout Europe and about 130 countries, we get free texting and free data. It was even free in Kenya but not the island off Tanzania. With Verizon I had to sign up for some expensive plan for that.
    6. If we need to make a call in all those areas with free data, it is only .20 per minute, unless you use whatsap (sp?) and I believe it is free that way. In Tanzania it was $6 per minute no agreement.
    7. Unlike other carriers, I don't feel like they are trying to get in my pocket at every turn. If you set up auto pay, the bill is something like $140 for four unlimited lines and that includes all taxes, etc. no hidden charges. I think it prices out at $60, $40, 20, 20 for the first four lines, and then $20 for each additional line and they are all unlimited everything.
    Bad points
    1. I still get areas, where my coverage goes out while driving down the freeway. I have 3-4 bad spots on my 44 mile commute. It goes silent for a moment and then I have to have the person repeat what they said.
    2. Back in Illinois with my dad at the track, he could dial out with his Verizon phone and I couldn't get a signal.
    3. Sometimes when dialing out, it seems to look for the signal for awhile. I imagine they have more phones out there than bandwidth and you wait a few seconds to connect. I bet I've waited 5-10 seconds after hitting dial before it dials at times. I haven't had another vendor in so long, I don't know if this happens to other providers too?

Last edited: Jul 21, 2018
    BigBird likes this.
  17. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

I don’t give a shit about their revenue stream. I care that they’re getting less of MY revenue stream.

R/T Performance likes this.
  18. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

Is that just lines, or paying for phones, too?

19. Dragginass

Dragginass Well-Known Member

Why would you give up Verizon? When I was traveling their service was/is always better.

20. BigBird

BigBird blah

T-Mobile has the best customer service, and seems to want to help rather than just shrug their shoulders.

Their service is good for the most part, but Verizon is better at coverage. I've been with TMo for about 13 years. Attached to Verizon for a week or two, and went back to TMo. The better reception wasn't worth the premium to me.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

Boman Forklift likes this.