1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I keep getting slower WTF?

Discussion in 'General' started by Alexdouble-R, Jan 30, 2009.

1. Alexdouble-R

Alexdouble-R Well-Known Member

It seems like I keep getting slower for some reason :(

I've been to Jennings 3 times in the past 3 months and I'm just not even close to running my pace!
    Last year during the WERA Nationals I ran flat 18's, Now I'm pushing like crazy to get 24s WTF?
    Hell I've been running 19's since late 2006 :confused:

Has this happened to anyone here?

The bikes I'm riding this year only have race rubber, They don't have any type of suspension work and all the other things I'm used to! also they are on Michellins which I really don't trust like I trust Dunlops! Can't that be it?

I don't know... Just wanted to let the damn WORLD know how frustrated I am right now.

Today I pushed my ass off during this one session only to run flat 24's Bahahaha WTH is going ON?

Laugh all you want if that what U feel like doing :D

Last edited: Jan 30, 2009
  2. tophyr

tophyr Grid Filler

Yes.

If the bike is not set up for you (not necessarily full trick suspension, but just dialed-in) or worse set up flat-out wrong then it will be the most frightening, difficult, unruly thing you've ever ridden. Last year I got myself into trouble twiddling with the dials and turned a decent ride into the scariest machine I'd ever been on.. then I spent half a day with a suspension tuner and turned it into virtually an extension of my body. It's pretty incredible what those little twiddlers do :)

3. Rodger

Rodger RamJet

sometimes the instinct of self preservation comes back or gets stronger ???

4. Alexdouble-R

You know I hope that's what it is or at least a big part of it... 2-3 months ago I was like well I didn't push as much 24s are not that BAD.
    Next time same shit WTH!! Now here I am a month later... freaking the F*** out :confused:

5. Alexdouble-R

hmmm I don't know... When I'm out there I don't think much about hurting my self or anything like that :rolleyes:

6. mineshaved

mineshaved product of my enviroment

from what ive heard is a good tuned suspension for the riders weight is key, probably can pick up seconds on good suspension. I guess with the bike not being tuned right youll feel like your really pushing the bike, and pushing yourself but really not going any faster. just my 2 cents

7. Dr. GoFast

Dr. GoFast Well-Known Member

get back on dunlops. find a good suspension tuner....then test to see what happens.

8. kennoy

kennoy Well-Known Member

UMMM....I think you answered your own question right there :D :D

9. Tyler B

Tyler B Well-Known Member

I could give you another riding lesson if you'd like.

10. bripolar66

bripolar66 Well-Known Member

Tires.

11. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

give the NEW Michelin Power1 tires a try when your local trackside vendor gets em. They are out, and MUCH better than the Michelin tires your on..Dunlops are good, the new Michelins should be every bit as good as the DUnlops.
    Also, you can not overlook the fact your now on a stock bike compared to your past bikes that had suspension work? That would make TONS of difference.

12. AndyR1

AndyR1 Well-Known Member

You just suck. Get your balls back from your boyfriend and ride the fucking bike.

Theres my motivational speech for the day.

Your friend,
    Andy

13. My thoughts exactly. Even if your current setup is capable of running :18's, if you do not have the confidence, you will never do it. The suspension/tires are already in the back of your mind, so i don't think you will get past your current "rut" until you eliminate those thoughts/doubts.

:Off: IMO, confidence is a big thing in this sport. I have always wanted to do some type of experiment with Novice or Intermediate track day riders. Everybody knows the stock shit on current sportbikes is pretty damn good and is more than capable of running an Advanced track day pace.

I have always thought that you could take an Novie/Int. rider who has "hit the wall" and be like "let me see your bike". Then come back and hour later (not having done a damn thing to his bike except put a set of PP's or something on it) and be like "we had your suspension setup exactly for your weight/riding style and tuned it to go uber fast. We also changed your tires to some 2CP004 SuperMaxPowerCorsas that have the best grip in the world and installed some VesBC RJBS Carbon Pads that will stop you on a dime". Then i would damn near bet a paycheck that he would go out and be 1-2 seconds faster per lap....simply because he has more confidence.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2009
  14. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

I've heard that if you stay novice, you'll go faster. I'm not sure where I heard that.

15. Alexdouble-R

Please MR Tyler :crackup:

16. yetidave

yetidave Well-Known Member

Shit, not trusting your tires has got to worth 5 seconds a lap at Jennings. That's your problem.

17. Alexdouble-R

He's not picking up the phone! Can I borrow urs? Ur not doing this anymore so I don't think you need them right? :crackup:

18. Alexdouble-R

Well I'm gonna give it a try today and see if I can at least get a 22 or a 21! hahaha
    Off to the track I go!!!
    I heard MR Wesby is here ;)

Thank you guys for all the opinions!!!

19. Cajun Kid

Cajun Kid Well-Known Member

First off, What a good thread. I to have a situation kinda like this but I think I might be worse off. I havn't raced for a couple of years but have done about a TD a month for the past three years. I Have a personal best of 16.4 at Roebling Road on a 05 R-6 Full race prep. Since then they repaved the track, I then got a 2006 R-6 superbike KWS built motor 129hp type and could only must a rare 16.8 but mostly 17ish lap times. I have been stuck in this rutt for the last 3 years. So what did I do..... I went out and got a 185hp 1000cc beast! Guess what I still can only run a 16.9 on it. I mean I'm still having fun but I'm a lil frustrated..

20. knedragon29

knedragon29 Well-Known Member

I know the feeling,I'm stuck at 17.0 on the 125:up: