1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I hate

Discussion in 'General' started by ChemGuy, Jan 28, 2020.

1. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

performance review self evaluation time.
    3 pages of goals, objectives, etc. Best one is ethics. What are you supposed to put in the employee comment section...I will break laws and company policy to sell this stuff?

Ugh.

How many of you have to fill this shite out every year?

2. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

It's literally a fucking joke. It's for the under achievers to document / justify not giving raises or bonuses.

Keep your nose to the grindstone, keep working hard and good things will keep happening. Fuck that performance review crap. Results and continued completed tasks on schedule and in budget speak the truth.

3. roy826ex

roy826ex Been around here a while

Yep I hate it!

HR people with their made up position have no idea nor do they care how much actual work time is wasted over this bullshit.

4. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

I could be selling this shit right now, but instead I'm wasting my time and yours filling out a stupid questionnaire that no-one's going to read.

R Acree likes this.
  5. GRH

GRH Well-Known Member

Doing it right now, have 11 to do this year, new people are easy to do, long term employees are tough since it's difficult to come up with something new each year. Most employees put little effort into their self evaluation and are just interested in what their increase will be. Can't blame them.
    Edit: I never fill out all the sections and only write in the overall section which is 2000 character limited in our system. No one higher up has said anything to me about it.

6. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

We abandoned them a couple years ago and I couldn't be happier. :D

7. ChemGuy

Ive just added you to the list of hate.
    :D

8. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Doing blow with Ant West might be a good answer?

OldSchlPunk and ChemGuy like this.
  9. nk140

nk140 Well-Known Member

I just did a self evaluation....complete shit. I told my boss I am not putting anything in the comments sections and selecting 4 out of 5 in all categories. I told him I shouldn't have to sell him on my performance.

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I'd get fired. All I would write is "I rock and you should pay me more".... :D

11. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

I would be glad to fill out all of your evals. Send them to me.

12. ChemGuy

Email?

DOB and last 4 of your SSN too please....

13. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Every time they ask me to fill out my own performance evaluation I just ask them if they aren't paying attention. I have a boss...if he isn't paying attention to what I am doing then I know who is not performing their duties and it isn't me.

14. Jed

Jed mellifluous

Don't forget to send his mother a card on her birthday. What was it and her maiden name again? Wouldn't want to mess it up.

15. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Yours too. Send it to me.

16. ChemGuy

I was going to say Banks...but shit thats her married name...

[​IMG]

17. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

Dan

You know there is already a thread for this right?:D

18. SpeedyTide

SpeedyTide 'Bama's Bad Boy

Company I work for has been doing this for years!! For the most part it's useless for most job positions/titles here, especially mine...... but still gotta do it. o_O I don't fill in the self eval neither.

19. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

When I was supervising I had 7 management and 38 union evals to do. Jesus H Christmas what a PIA! I kept a file for the year and every time some good or bad happened I made a note and stuffed it in the file. Sometimes it was just a thankyou e-mail about an employee, sometimes bad thing, what ever. At eval time out came the file and the writeups were factual and i didn't have to remember so much. Eventually the company figured out it was all BS as every negative union eval got grieved and usually forced to be changed. Evals were canceled. Union guys got contracted raises so evals were pretty useless anyways. If the bargaining unit guy was a screw up there was a whole different process for that with verbal/written notifications. Managers still got evaluations but 7 was easy compared to nearly 50.

20. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

HR people finding shit to keep busy. You need fewer HR people.
    The amount of useless documentation they create to justify their jobs is aggravating to the employees
    who are forced to fill out all the shit that gets stuffed into a file drawer and forgotten.

ducnut likes this.