1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I gots to start me a Charity!!!!! Al's The MAN!!!

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by StaccatoFan, Nov 21, 2019.

1. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

2. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

This is like a week old news. Stop reading NY times. Lol.

3. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

Tax cheat AND a scam artist...Who woulda thunk it? :confused:

ducnut likes this.
  4. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

Church of Scientology is the largest religious scam of all.

Non-profit status needs to be abolished, as there’s no such thing as a non-profit. If it wasn’t turning profit, it would cease to operate. And, there’s always someone behind them pulling huge salaries and bonuses. If the people running them were really so charitable and do-gooders, they wouldn’t be standing in the soup line with BOTH hands out.

StaccatoFan likes this.
  5. kangasj

kangasj Banned

What a fucking racket. They'll try to impeach the president over nothing but Sharpton isn't charged for his bullshit. What the hell is wrong with this country....

6. R Acree

R Acree Banned

People like Sharpton.

tl1098, Motofun352 and kangasj like this.
  7. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

Apparently not enough to make him president, though.

8. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

Catholicism is the largest (and oldest) religious scam.

YamahaRick, ducnut and StaccatoFan like this.
  9. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I actually meant similar to, not favorable impression. :D

ducnut likes this.
  10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Seriously dude? Ever stop and consider what religion Jesus was?

Catholicism isn't remotely the oldest religion scam.

11. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

You make a point, Mongo on the alleged default religion of said Mr. Christ.

With that being said, any Church that has it's own bank because it has so much money it needs to form a bank is just wrong to me.

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I'm totally fine with no not for profit status for religions. Have to think more about general charities but there are a ton that exist only to make those working there rich with a slight sideline of giving money to help out a cause.

ducnut likes this.
  13. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

One has to consider, some are even exempt from property taxes, yet utilize local services.

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yep. There are things like Barber that is a not for profit however brings so much to the local economy it more than offsets the loss in tax revenue. So I can see looking at that stuff on a case by case once you nuke the religious exceptions.

ducnut likes this.
  15. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

The Clinton Foundation is the first one to come to mind....

ducnut likes this.
  16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I was actually thinking about a lot of the breast cancer ones but yeah, that too :D

17. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

I think I'd be fine if there were clearly defined limits to what the people running those charities can be paid while retaining their tax exemptions. Those limits would be reasonable but lower than the same position would bring in the market place.

No one would be getting wealthy running a charity. They'd still need another source of income.

kangasj likes this.
  18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

That would work for me. If they want the tax break then agree to salary caps.

19. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

I see it as a possible double positive. It gives them the advantage of the tax exemption and makes sure that the bulk of the money is actually going to charity and not to paying some inflated bullshit salaries. Maybe it is a percentage of the total revenue intake so they do have an avenue of salary increase but is never out of line with their intake.

ducnut likes this.
  20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yep. I like it.