1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I Got My New Spidi Suit Today.....and I Like!!!

Discussion in 'General' started by bilet69, Jun 5, 2002.

1. bilet69

bilet69 Well-Known Member

got my new spidi slider pro suit from lockhart phillips. and wow! i must tell that i have had agvjunk and joe-cockit and this is by far the best thing i have seen so far as quality, armor and fit i guess im lucky for the of the shelf fit, cause she fits like a glove. i have learned one thing from my past purchases dont buy shit cause it costs twice as much to replace and fix,i have learned this from helmets,gloves,boots and suits. plus the number one important thing is being safe. i dont know about you guys,and girls i kinda like and have grown a custom to having my digits and skin on my ass intact after a tumble. because no matter how carefull or how good its gonna happen even if its not your not at fault.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2002
  2. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I really don't want to rain on your parade (honest, this is just healhty concern), but I saw a Spidi suit get torn where it had no business tearing up and result in nasty scrapes on a guy's elbow ten days ago. That was exiting a slowish 2nd-gear corner after a highside and a very brief slide down the pavement. None of us were very impressed by the suit. Couldn't tell you which model it was, but I can find out if you need it.

3. Prov431

Prov431 I know WU

Joe what?

Hmm...I can't say one bad thing about my Joe Rocket suit........not a single thing.
    Maybe you shouldn't fall so much:)

4. bilet69

who said anything about falling so much???? cause i didnt!!!! just from wear the joe-cocket seams fell apart. and the agv the ass blew out at a low side at about 40mph and about 30' of pavement and 30' of grass. actaully it blew out 2 times in different places and for the record and same for there gloves , i wouldnt wear one again if they were free all day long!!!!!! ??????

but papa i would like to know what spidi it was the crashed and blew??????

Last edited: Jun 6, 2002
  5. HPPT

HPPT !!!

OK, I'll try to find out tomorrow and let you know.

6. Glover

Glover Official Race Suit Tester

Joe rocket Gloves

Maybe I too had a bad pair of gloves, but those things(Joe Rocket) were coming apart at the finger tips. After paying over 140 bucks for gloves, coming apart at the finger tip should not happen. :mad:

Slowest Novice,
    Glover #886

7. natedawgee

natedawgee ARNCHU Racing

dianese

Dianese Pro-Tech is better than AGV Anything.

8. sdiver

sdiver Well-Known Member

Spidi

Spidi, like all the off-the-rack vendors, makes suits in a wide variety of price and quality levels. I think the Pro Slider is their top of the line (except the same suit, the Race Slider, made with Kangaroo leather) so I would expect it to be a decent suit.

As for me, if I have to crash, I want it to be in Vansons, which i happened to field test last weekend at about 65 mph. Barely even scratched the glossy coating. :) Also, high marks for the Alpinestar GP Plus gloves that did so well in RRW's glove survey and were barely even surface scratched in the same low side.

9. jeppe

jeppe Well-Known Member

I got one of the spidi slider suit too, I haven crashe tested it yet (knock on wood) but i recoment to have is ventilated because it is HOT!!!! I sent min to Barancle Bill ti have it done, I think he charged me $75 well worth the money in my opinion!
    /Swede

10. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Here is a response from a friend who was there, saw the crash, saw the suit, and sells mototrcycle accessories for a living at a major PA dealership.

It was a 2001 "Hook" that came apart. I'm not as dissappointed that the suit came apart (they all can sacrifice their well being for that of their wearers) as I am that by doing so it comprimized his protection. I've seen just about every type of suit explode (like helmets, they're designed to protect, not survive), so they should certainly keep your skin intact while exploding. I'm not so sure that his "rasberries" were caused by direct contact with the ground (the armour itself may have caused them), but the suit certainly didn't perform as well as I would have expected. I will no longer be recommending them, despite the outword appearance of an extremely well made, high quality suit.

11. bilet69

Re: Spidi

well i have had nothing bad to say and most people dont about vansons, just expensive as hell i looked at then and i got a quote for 1600.00 just alittle expensive, but i guess you pay for the service you get! which is not a bad thing
    well i would love to have the spidi kangaroo suit cause i love that stuff its strong as hell. i use held glove and had a crash in them at about 110mph and they look like the day i took them out the package and i used my hand to stop in that accident. it just slightly scuffed the rivit on the palm and if i didnt tell ya and ya looked ya wouldnt even know.

12. bilet69

that is one of the lower models, i hope he is alright i have no excuse maybe the fit wasnt correct who knows????? im sure i will find out some day how my suit will preform and my digits are crossed, but from what i see in the quality, stiching, armor, and fit in slider pro i think i will be ok. we will see and ill report on that hopefully not soon.:confused:

13. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Yeah, i hope you never have to report on that. Anyway, I didn't want alarm you. Just passing along what I thought may be helpful information. And remember, it's just an opinion.

14. Ex CCS Racer

Ex CCS Racer Banned

Vanson leathers....

I had a bad experience with my current leathers. An off the rack Vanson Velocity suit. I rode the 600 novice then expert class for years with my trusty Fieldsheer chequers. Many, many crashes without a scratch or a broken bone. Both times I've crashed in my Vansons I suffered a broken femur(no fault of the leathers) but the stitching on the inside of the leg came apart exposing my knee to the pavement. Kyle and Kasey Ray can attest to this. Wasn't pretty looking at bone. The second crash was a slow speed lowside at CMP which resulted in a burn through on the inside of my left elbow. What give's? I had always wanted a set of Vansons and once I finally got a set I've been disappointed everytime I crash. What's next? But Vanson has always taken care of me when it came to warranty or repair charges(none to date and free patches & lettering). Customer service gets an A+.

Just my experience.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2002
  15. bilet69

absolute papa! i thank you for the info.

16. Luckystrike

Luckystrike Well-Known Member

I ripped the seam on my AXO leathers that I paid $1,400 just by hanging off my bike. But that's because I'm a fatass. :)

17. Ex CCS Racer

Ex CCS Racer Banned

LMAO:D

18. gpracer15

gpracer15 Built to Ride

New suit means crash is near so to prevent it do the following...

Put on suit and go out to the driveway, lay down, and roll over so the suit makes contact all around... there now your ready to race....;)

19. Ex CCS Racer

Ex CCS Racer Banned

Kinda like a new bodywork & paint job?

20. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

I bought the Pro-Slider suit this spring. Seems pretty good thus far (only 2 race weekends). Fits great except it's too big in the ass. According to LP USA the kangaroo skin version is no longer available - something about animal rights. :rolleyes: