1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I got laid off, so I...

Discussion in 'General' started by R Rahn, Jun 10, 2004.

1. R Rahn

R Rahn re-Member

I haven't been showing my face much around here or at the track lately. And unfourtunately it's going to have to be that way for a while. I got laid off again, and tired of being the human yo-yo, I decided it's time to make a change. I joined the Army and will be shipping out July 27th. I'm really excited about the oppourtunities this will open up for me. But on the same coin, I 'm greatly saddened by the fact I'm going to be away from my racing family and the sport I love for so long.

I'd like to thank the Atlanta Crew (Todd, Missi, Chad, Robyn, and kids) for everything you guys have done. Yes, even the worrying. Thanks to Keith Brooks, Larry Nettles, Cycle Image, Sandfly Locksmiths, and all my sponsors who have helped make my goals a reality. You guys put me on the podium enough times to win a Championship my first year out. Amazing!

A big thanks to T-Bone Racing and crew who made this year a reality. Endurance racing is fun, but you guys made it a blast. Hopefully you'll let me come back one day so I can give you some better results.

Thanks to WERA for making this all possible. Thanks to Tony and the rest of the Tech guys for giving me a hard time (I deserved it, I gave them one too). Thank you cornerworkers! I promise one day I'll try to do your job so I can truly appriciate it. I tried scoring once and never complained about # plate rules again!

There are so many others :
    Tom
    Rusty
    Josh
    Todd
    Vicki
    All the Race moms and Race dads
    Everyone who lent a tool or a hand or some advice
    Everyone who pushed me to go faster
    So many I know I'll remember as soon as post...

Mongo *Please do not delete*

P.S. On a another sad note I have to sell off my race program so if you are in need of R6 parts please follow the link below

http://forums.13x.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=52983

2. red baron

red baron Well-Known Member

Good luck

Best of luck to you in your pursuits and may you be able to get back to racing soon. Remember basic training only last 8 weeks and AIT only a few more after that. Stay focused and remember it's all a head game.

3. YAM#849

YAM#849 y'all watch this...

All the best in your new adventure, Ross. We'll be looking for you back on the track after you get done defending the USA. In the meantime, we'll miss seeing you around. Be safe in your journeys.

4. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

If you need anything, let us know.

Good luck!!

5. ToddClark

ToddClark f'n know it all

Ross, hate to hear that man, but on the other hand, glad your taking your life by the horns and going in a direction you want to go.

Keep us posted, and remember, if there ANYTHING we can do for you, im just a phone call away. 770 853 3871. put that in your cell phone and use it if you need to.

6. clutchNthrottle

clutchNthrottle Fish and Chips Burner

...shoulda joined the Air Force instead...:p

Where are you shipping out to on July 27th, to basic or the sandbox? You realize you picked the hottest time of year to be going to EITHER of those 2 places...:Poke:

If you're only going to basic, you might be able to resume racing before the season is over. If you're going to the sandbox....well.....you shoulda joined the Air Force!:D

either way good luck to you! :beer:

-Craig
    SSgt, USAF, '94-'01

7. R Rahn

R Rahn re-Member

Yeah I keep getting the Air Force comment a lot. I was just looking for a bit of a challenge. You know, get my nails dirty and all.

Basic, AIT, Airborne, and SFAS all at Fort Benning and Bragg Starting July 12th.

8. R Rahn

R Rahn re-Member

Thanks Todd, I'll be in touch. I still owe you a 47 tooth vortex rear. :D

9. R Rahn

R Rahn re-Member

Note to self:

It's all a head game. It's all a head game. It's all a head game.

10. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

Re: Note to self:

Also remember: the longer you can go without the drill sgt knowing your name, the better.

11. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

If you wanted a challenge you shoulda joined the Marines. There are way too many peeps in the Army. You'll be in BC for what 10 weeks? You'll be back.

12. R Rahn

R Rahn re-Member

My basic and infantry AIT are combined. It's about 13-14 weeks. Plus Airborne, plus SFAS Special Forces Assesment and Selection. Once Selected I'll be in a non stop training program from 18 months to 2 years before I get my Green Beret.

I've got my challenge cut out for me.

13. nuke529

nuke529 Well-Known Member

It was good to meet you this year. And Rachel... I am sorry to hear that you are leaving but I understand your reasoning. I wish you the best!! Green Beret that is tuff! Go for it!

Good luck with your future plans. I will let Ryan know as he is in Cali with Josh.

Tell Rachel Hello and we will miss you at the races..

Cindy G

14. R Rahn

R Rahn re-Member

Thanks Cindy. I'll let Rachel know in my next letter to her. She's in Boot Camp at Fort Jackson SC right now. She's platoon guide over 150 soldiers (60 girls and 90 guys!) Damn, I musta done something right with that girl!!

15. I just lost my job too, good luck to you and get back home safe!:beer:

16. MissiRN

MissiRN Well-Known Member

Awww Ross....we just got back from Tally....longgg weekend....
    If theres anything we can do for ya, give us a call...yanno we care for ya a bunch! Take care and come give me a hug at the track before ya leave if ya can....Missi

17. R Rahn

R Rahn re-Member

I'll be giving you guys a call soon. I have some bike questions for Todd. The hug is a definate hell yeah...if I make it out to the track.

Ross

18. MarkB

MarkB All's well that ends well

Well done Ross. I'm gonna miss seeing that crazy blue helmet with the 2 'ears' sticking up as it passes me. See if you can put those damn ears on the combat helmet they give you:D

Anyway, all the best, and give them hell out there - respect:beer:

19. R Rahn

R Rahn re-Member

Thanks Mark.

Ears on my combat helmet. I love it. I'll see what I can do.

BTW I show my DVD off every chance I get. I know I'll be living off of it soon, since it will be my only contact with you guys. I can't wait for version 2.0

20. Photo_Chick

Photo_Chick Leo's Wench!

Ross, you are definately going to be missed! Make sure you keep in touch and let us all know how you're doing.

Vicki