1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I don't understand how dry cleaning works

Discussion in 'General' started by iagsxr, Aug 5, 2015.

1. iagsxr

iagsxr Well-Known Member

Nomex, it's a Sparco suit.

Yeah I won't go through this again. It'll get taken out of my bag and hung up as soon as I get home.

2. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

You guys need a woman to take care of things. They don't screw up their shit like this.

3. BigBird

BigBird blah

until someone else does screw it up and then you have no one to blame but yourself. As the saying goes, if you want something done right, do it yourself :)

4. iagsxr

iagsxr Well-Known Member

A woman was a good part of the reason why I quit dirt racing way back when.

I won't continue to beat myself up over this, remember to hang it up and get on with my life. Won't bring it up at random unrelated times just because I'm mad.

Don't get me wrong I'd like the right girl to go to the track with me, but a moldy fire suit is a small price to pay to not have the wrong one around.

5. hrc_nick_11

hrc_nick_11 Well-Known Member

I could be wrong but I think dry cleaning uses flammable chemicals. Mig not be a good thing to use on a fire suit.

6. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

7. iagsxr

iagsxr Well-Known Member

Here Backcountry, you like these. This is what I'm driving, it's a trip:

[​IMG]

8. hrc_nick_11

hrc_nick_11 Well-Known Member

That cage needs more bars near your shoulders before you catch a tire in the helmet.

9. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

So you are driving a Johnny Murdock car. I know him from way back. We used to run SMRS with him. I always liked his designs. Have you seen his "Fueler" car?

This is one of my pop's cars.
    [​IMG]

Bishop chassis with a Esslinger engine. 400HP at the wheels, and 850lbs without ballast. One hell of a car. It was the Bishop house call so it has some really cool one off parts. It even has an aluminum driveshaft. It is a total badass.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2015
  10. Never thought about that. Do you have to do another empty load afterwards to get the vinegar smell out?

11. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

No, the rinse cycle will take care of it.

12. OldSwartout

OldSwartout Well-Known Member

A cup of chlorine bleach will do the same thing. Chlorine bleach kills mold on everything - clothes, decks, siding, walls, etc.

13. iagsxr

iagsxr Well-Known Member

I've seen a picture of it. Didn't know the guy until I started driving his stuff.

Not a total fan of the stub nose look, but I blasted a concrete barrier with one of his cars earlier this season and all it took was a front bumper(well, axle, wheel/tire, shocks, radius rods) but no frame damage. Would have hurt a normal car.

Your dad's car does indeed look badass. The car I'm driving has an Ecotech, so quite down on power to a National Midget.

14. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

Yeah, the ecotech is down to the national stuff. But they get around pretty good on the smaller tracks. If the track is really dry slick then they can hold their own decent enough.