1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I don't care what you think about stunters: dude corners low.

Discussion in 'General' started by Huey130, Dec 21, 2015.

1. Huey130

Huey130 Chief wrench thrower

I know it’s not roadracing but he is in the family of motorcyclists and is an outstanding representative for all of us as a whole. His name is Rodney “Rowdy” Sargent, he’s a freestyle / stunter, my friend and he’s been diagnosed with Acute Myeloid Leukemia. Cancer.

My shop has sponsored Rowdy over the years. He is professional, polite and one of the nicest people you will ever have the fortune to meet. He’s never met a stranger, stays to the last person who wants an autograph or just to talk about bikes has left his shows, and always wears safety gear during his shows. Rodney has never smoked, done drugs, been drunk… No one knows how someone is picked to carry such a burden but you really have to wonder “why him of all people?”

[​IMG]

Rowdy was coach to a Guiness World Record stoppie (http://www.guinnessworldrecords.com...astest-and-longest-motorcycle-stoppies-45308/), runs a stoppie school with his professional freestyle team (https://www.facebook.com/AMFreestyle/) , tours full time and still finds time to donate his time to places like Camp Hope in the North Georgia mountains.

I know some are biased against stunt riders. But Rodney is a professional. This is his job and he does it very well and takes it very seriously. My shop and I have worked for, tuned and built for regular riders, road racers of all levels, stunters, drag bikes, street drag, highway blasters, motocross… everyone almost. They may use their equipment differently (would you believe some people think we’re absolutely nuts for dragging knees?!) but we’re all motorcyclists. We’re all family. Can you please just let people know one of our family is sick? He will be going through chemotherapy and more. His mom has flown in from out of state to help take care of him, his dog and his affairs while he’s locked in a hospital ward for the next several months. During this time they will have no source of income. So I’ve started a GoFundMe with all proceeds going to Rodney Sargent. The money raised will be used for daily expenses, travel for his mom, food and care for his awesome dog: TJ, his normal bills, etc.

[​IMG]

Here’s the link to his GoFundMe: www.GoFundMe.com/RodneySargent that also has a link directly to his Facebook.
    Attached are some pictures that you can use with his and the photographer’s permission.

If anyone has any questions about the validity of the fund, any questions or suggestions please don’t hesitate to send them my way.

Sorry for asking such a big favor but it’s for a good guy.

Thank you and Merry Christmas,

2. deathwagon

deathwagon Well-Known Member

Small donation made. Good on ya Huey. Happy thoughts sent for your friend. Cancer's a bitch.

3. _indy

_indy Well-Known Member

Send me your paypal. Will send you the money directly or Rodney.
    Prefer to let Rodney get all of the money and not have Go fund me take there share.

4. Huey130

5. Huey130

Pics that were supposed to be in the original thread:

[​IMG]
    He's the one on the left.

[​IMG]
    Has more real sponsorship than most of us! Works his ass off for it!

[​IMG]
    He told me the stuff in the bags would kill someone without cancer.

6. _indy

_indy Well-Known Member

Last edited: Dec 22, 2015
  7. Huey130

Thanks for posting that!

I still can't see how they drift that fast in such tight spaces!!!

8. Greg S

Greg S Well-Known Member

my mom had aml 6 rds of intense chemo lost over 100lbs all her hair. shes 5 years from diagnosis and doing very well. she was treated at wake forest teaching hospital. only saying this because it might look very bad but cought in time it can be beaten!!

Huey130 likes this.
  9. omatter34

omatter34 Well-Known Member

Prayers sent for Rodney. My mom was given a 30% chance to live 5 years past her diagnosis and is on year 9. Keep your head up!

Huey130 likes this.
  10. biggenyz426

biggenyz426 too big to fail

My brother in law is battling back from AML right now. It hasn't been easy but he is doing good and just had what they hope is his last round of chemo. It's been about 2 1/2 years since diagnosis. One of the biggest things people can do to help is to get on the bone marrow registry. At some point they should be looking to do a transplant. Chances are you won't be able to help him directly with that but maybe help someone in need. It is beatable and I would think Rowdy is in pretty good shape otherwise so that will help him a lot. Will be praying for him. He's probably there already but if he's in the Atlanta area Northside Hospital has been great treating my bro-in-law.

11. Huey130

Update from Rowdy:
    As I wake up in my hospital bed this awkward Christmas morning, I wanted to show everyone something. This is a 3 way IV port that is surgically installed into my arm, over my chest, and straight into my heart. It is used to make sure all of these blood transfusions and treatments coming into my body are precise and quick. But I swear all with of the love and the support I've been receiving over the last few weeks from each and every one of you over the globe, it's a 3 way port that bleeds outwards, with the overwhelming amount of joy that makes my strong spirit radiate out of it. Cancer wasn't my ideal Christmas present, but you all have made it so much more tolerable than I ever could have dreamed.
    Sadly, due to Facebook being busy I have now lost track of a lot of these amazing posts, pictures, gestures, helpful accounts, t-shirts, words of encouragement, things that all of you have donated to to help me, and most importantly my family to get by in our time of need. I can never thank each and every one of you enough in this lifetime or the next. But from the bottom of my heart, THANK YOU. It has made this Christmas a true miracle. I hope all of you know how truly thankful you should be, and not only now, but each and every day you're alive and you have the gift of life. No one is promised tomorrow. Fight for what you love and don't ever stop for a second! Anyways, enough sappy shit. I just want you all to know that I am very blessed, and proud to be surrounded by so many caring people from all over the world. I hope everyone has a very Merry Christmas today and you get to spend it with your friends and family!

[​IMG]

12. Kyle602

Kyle602 Well-Known Member

Hey Huey,
    Do you happen to have a paypal address we could send donations to?
    Not set up with gofundme.
    Merry Christmas to all!!!
    KK

13. _indy

_indy Well-Known Member

Sent my money to Huey here.

14. Kyle602

Kyle602 Well-Known Member

Ah missed that.., paypal sent.
    Thanks!

15. Huey130

Update (I hope y'all don't mind these. I've donated to people / groups in the past and never heard from them again. I like to show the progress of who I'm supporting) with another appeal!!!!

From Rowdy:
    To all the countless, amazing people who have offered me the gift of life by offering to donate blood, platelets, and even bone marrow.. the helpful staff at Atlanta Blood Services made this flier for me to share with all of the required info for donating. Yesterday I had to wait over 6 hrs for platelets due to a major shortage of them. If you're in the Metro Atlanta area, they would be more thanhappy to set up a consolation for you. My fellow Cancer patients and I can't thank all of you enough for all of the selfless acts of kindness like this that you do. As of this A.M I am on transfusion #22. If you SHARE anything I post, this is the most crucial thing I can ask that you do. Thank you all again.#fuckcancer#AML#leukemiaawareness

[​IMG]

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I'm happy you're posting them. I know he doesn't race but he has down shows at our stuff and Evelyne doesn't always read me the FB updates.

17. Huey130

Not the right thread but bike related...

Today Rowdy's hair started falling out. So here's a bad-ass video.
    Ripping up the streets and lots of Atlanta (including MarMo in the credits!)

18. Huey130

Last few updates for now... in a GOOD way!!!!!!!!!! And thank's a billion for all y'all that sent good thoughts, sent donations, and asked how he was doing.

Straight from Rodney himself
    "Today is seriously an amazing day. My Dr. came in to my room this am and told me that all of my blood cell counts were almost back to that of a normal person and that I'm cleared to go home 2 weeks early! This fight w Leukemia is far from over, but my body reacted exactly like I knew it would. I will now start the outpatient program and figure out what the next steps are. But i'll be home Poop, my friends and family. Thank you all for keeping me in your thoughts and prayers, every single one of them has gotten me to this point! ‪#‎FCancer‬‪#‎leukemia‬"
    [​IMG]

19. Huey130

And now a video... Of Rowdy getting his dog back from friends that had been keeping him while he was in hospital...
    You may want to go somewhere away from people to watch this one. :)

And yup, not bike related and I'll take the hit if need be.

20. Huey130

HOPEFULLY: This will be the last update I post about Rodney. First a thank you to everyone who donated, thought / prayed for him and anything else. Thank you.
    Also I'm going to get him to come to at least one of the WERA rounds this year. THat way we can watch him act the fool without "fans" and stuff. Just hanging out, asking questions and getting to know someone on a different side of the sport.

So without further ado: "After my bout with AML, I met with my Dr this am and guess what... REMISSION! You just can't beat a person who never gives up."
    [​IMG]

Rodney is the one on the left. :)

Mina, Wheel Bearing, BigBird and 2 others like this.