1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I can't believe Trump phucked Alaska salmon today

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by duggram, Aug 9, 2019.

1. duggram

duggram Sunrise Bahia de LA

So the world's largest sockeye salmon run is going to be sacrificed for the world's largest open pit mine. If you've ever caught sockeye or eaten them, you will understand my frustration. Before you go jumping on me to protect the clown POTUS, think about what this means. Or better yet research it. What an idiot!!!

2. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

A link might be helpful to show us what you're rambling about.

Ian178 and Dragginass like this.
  3. duggram

4. duggram

So I'm on the phone with my former neighbor in Chickaloon, AK. He's talking about all the fisherman groups and green groups that will be filing law suits. Sounds like nothing is settled yet. I wonder how much we're willing to give up in natural resources for someone's profits. At one time the Pebble mine project was wholly owned by Canadians. I wonder how much they had to promise Trump.

BigBird likes this.
  5. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

Why is it the federal governments business as to what the state does with it's land?

6. duggram

I believe in this case the fed gov owes Alaska title to a lot of land. The feds were quick to give the native corps land title but not the state. Another big issue in Alaska.

7. tawzx12r

tawzx12r Influencer to none

So wait... the Governor of Alaska supports and pushed the agreement.... but it's all Trumps fault... right.. I
    get that now...

drop, badmoon692008, K51000 and 3 others like this.
  8. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

Do you have a legitimate news source?

brex and ducnut like this.
  9. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

I’m not sure we’re getting the whole story, here.

This reminds of the flares sent up by the LGBTQ crowd that were making claims regurgitated from the same fake news source that never happened. Likewise, Trump turning over lands back to the states to let the local people decide what they wanted to do with it, after Obama’s millions of acres of land grabs ( https://thehill.com/blogs/pundits-b...ator-in-chief-obamas-last-minute-land-grab-an). Could it be AK’s governor is behind this?

blkduc likes this.
  10. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Where the hell is Sarah Palin?

Phl218 and ducnut like this.
  11. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Sittin' on her porch with a cup of coffee, looking at Russia.

OH, HELL... the Russians are involved?!?

stk0308 and K51000 like this.
  12. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

I don't eat much Sockeye Salmon but as I understand it, its better quality than your typical cheap shit farm raised Atlantic salmon because its pretty much all wild caught.

BigBird likes this.
  13. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

Lmao. He only cited CNN. What a joke.

K51000 likes this.
  14. beac83

beac83 "My safeword is bananna"

The only other source cited is The Hill. LMAO

K51000 and Quicktoy like this.
  15. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

Add the Onion and you have the perfect trifecta

K51000 likes this.
  16. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

CEO of the Mine:
    Tom Collier
    is a regulatory lawyer and former Chief of Staff in the U.S. Department of Interior (during the Clinton administration) with extensive experience in federal permitting -- specifically the EIS process under NEPA and 404 wetlands permitting under the Clean Water Act. Prior to being appointed CEO of the Pebble Partnership in February 2014,

Collier had a 40+ year legal career with Washington DC-based Steptoe & Johnson, with a specialty for guiding companies through federal environmental permitting processes.

He has worked on numerous Alaska resource projects, including reauthorization of the Trans-Alaska Pipeline System, Alpine oil development and Conoco Phillips' CD-5 project.

Phl218 likes this.
  17. BHP41

BHP41 Calling out B.A.N. everyday

RACIST!!

Am I doing this right?

stk0308, Pitdad42 and blkduc like this.
  18. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

One of the most important paragraphs that shows this is nothing more than sensationalized journalism. I hardly read this as the entire sockeye salmon population being decimated.

Pebble Limited Partnership praised the decision in a news release last week that said the EPA's previous objections to the project were based on "'hypothetical mining scenarios' prepared by EPA itself, and assessed in an 'alleged' scientific study." The company also said that its most recent permit application has a "substantially smaller development footprint and enhanced environmental safeguards" and that the project would employ about 2,000 people in Alaska.

ducnut likes this.
  19. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

This was actually discussed here some time back and
    while I don't remember the specifics it was basically
    a huge overstep by the EPA that just disregarded
    property rights and due process.
    The salmon will survive.

ducnut likes this.
  20. Phl218

Phl218 .

There must be an Epstein tape of him somewhere