1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I bought a drone today, and crashed the shit out of it

Discussion in 'General' started by Metalhead, May 4, 2016.

1. Woofentino Pugr

Woofentino Pugr Well-Known Member

Have you registered with the FAA yet? :crackup:

BHP41 likes this.
  2. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

How's this going? Mine won't fly anymore but it make little spins and circles across the floor.

3. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

It was going good till yesterday. Now, not only does my camera not work, but the drone's all wobbly and shit. Fml

4. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

I usually stock Yuengling. My rule is if they paint it on the side of a NASCAR, It's piss and I wouldn't let my dog drink it, let alone serve it to a friend at my house.

5. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Yuengling sponsors a NASCAR team..

6. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

And it's piss.

daveknievel and Sabre699 like this.
  7. BHP41

BHP41 Calling out B.A.N. everyday

:eek:No good. Sounds like the noob owes you more beer. :D Now where did I lay my pitchfork.....

8. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

I had no idea...I would have to actually watch NASCAR to know that I guess.

And no, it's not the greatest beer ever, but it's a hell of a lot better than anything Bud, Coors or Miller will ever produce.

9. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

Carnage... 20160605_125915.jpg

cha0s#242 and Phl218 like this.
  10. caferace

caferace No.

Damn skippy. You bent the camera mount?

-jim

11. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

Like NOBODY'S business. The people at the manufacturer were shocked that that could happen. Then they said they couldn't help me. Lol

12. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

what's the saying again ?

Designed by a genius
    Built by a craftsmen
    Piloted by a twat

:D

Phl218 and backcountryme like this.
  13. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Had to make sure I wasn't still in the Iannone thread....... :D

Phl218 likes this.
  14. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

Hey BP! I ordered a whole new camera and assembly. Got the whole shebang for just a tad over fixing it piecemeal. Be here in a week or so. I need your young eyes to put it back together for me. I can't see them damn little screws. Lol.

I'll have beer.

I'll see if Phil can come too. He has medium age eyes. Between the three of us I think we can fix it. Lol.

15. StanTheMan

StanTheMan Well-Known Member

Which drone did you buy at BestBuy? I was in there the other day and while the wife was getting a new phone, I wandered over to the drones. They had 2 or 3 on display. One was about 500, the other was about 850 or 900. I'd like one, but from what you describe, they sound like they're a bitch to fly. Am I right?

16. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

I got the $500 standard. It is EXTREMELY easy to fly (start out in an open space. Don't do as I did). The camera footage is phenomenal, even at a reduced rate that I had to set mine at due to cheap smatphone limitations. I run mine at 1080p and it's fucking gorgeous. It'll run up to 2.7hd but my smatphone wouldn't handle it. Do it. Buy it. You'll giggle your ass off at the fun of flying it.

Hell, my camera's been broke for weeks but i still fly it everyday.

17. StanTheMan

Damn you! Now I gotta have one. FML
    How long will it fly on a single charge?

18. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

Full tilt 25 minutes. Take it a tad slower, 30. I know that doesn't sound like alot but, it really is. Your neck will be hurting from looking up. Also, it'll fly 1/2 mile up and out. AND....if you go out too far with batt dying, it'll automatically return home to you without you doing anything on the controls.

I sent mine out about a 1/4 mile one day and left it hovering as the low batt warning chime came on. I went in and grabbed a beer as it slowly made it's way back. When I came out it was sitting in the front yard right where I had launched it from.

It was funny to me.

:D

BigBird likes this.
  19. StanTheMan

damn. And I really didn't have $500 just sitting around, but damn if I don't want one of those. Can you imagine taking one to the beach? That would be way-cool to skim over the waves (but not crash into them) I bet the video would be amazing.

20. loser

loser Well-Known Member

OK that's two amazing references in one thread.
    I tip my hat to you sir.

backcountryme likes this.