1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I am tired of North Korea

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by kenessex, Jul 25, 2015.

1. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

So our youngest son is getting ready to be deployed by the Marine Corps again and will be going to Okinawa for 6 months. All in all, a lot better than his last 4 deployments to Iraq and Afghanistan. I think the only thing he has to worry about this time is if the North Koreans go full retard.

So my thought is what to do about North Korea? Their leader is bat shit crazy. The populace is starving to death and there is no good outcome in their foreseeable future. Why can't we, the rest of the world collectively. ask the Chinese to go ahead and annex North Korea? It would give them a huge boost as supporters of human rights by getting some food and jobs to the NK peasants. The standard of living and basic human rights aren't great in China, but certainly a step up from NK. That could open up a good trade route between China and South Korea. It would allow us to decrease our military presence in that part of the world and it would let me sleep better at night.

Give NK to China and be done with it.

Ken

2. brex

brex Well-Known Member

What happened the last few times we removed a bat shit crazy dictator from office?
    You really want that in a country that is KNOWN to have nukes (albeit with shitty delivery systems)?
    Keep them contained, let them destroy themselves.

3. Rebel635

Rebel635 Well-Known Member

Sorry, whens another countries issue USA problem...wait, dont answer that.

China gains nothing by annexing NK, other than brainwashed starving populace.

4. Gixxerguy855

Gixxerguy855 Well-Known Member

Your kid has nothing to worry about in Oki. It is much better than the other two, that's for certain.

5. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

The NK's developed nukes for the very reason that it made them relatively untouchable. Basically the same reason that Iran is doing it. I'm afraid the only solution to NK is an internal revolution but I've no clue as to how that could happen given just how down trodden the population is....That leaves the military overthrow, then again they routinely have pogroms to clear out any chance of that....What a f8cked up place that is, truly a hell on earth.

6. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

The only thing to worry about with NK is them selling nukes to some ME terrorist group.

7. ped

ped Banned

the problem isn't NK, it's china

8. ton

ton Arf!

it's Bush's fault

9. kenessex

I don't want to remove the loony toon dictator, I want the Chinese to do it.

Do you think the NK would use nukes against China? I thought they were kinda buddies?

I am not too worried about the son in Okinawa. He is 30 and a staff sergeant with 12 years in. He knows how it is all played.

10. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

Your kiddo is just fine there in Okinawa. Having been to Korea on assignment in the mid sixties, and to Okinawa on a visit, I can assure you that the danger issue in that area of the world hasn't changed in the last 60 years. All the sword blades in that part of the world have been rattled so many times that they're worn out now. There will also likely never be a revolution in NK simply because the population has been brainwashed for so many generations that the people would never rebel against their "dear leader." That country will remain calm. Hungry, but calm. The only possibility is an internal coup instigated by those just under Kim. It would most likely never extend outside their borders. :up:

11. Stirz

Stirz Makes my butt look big

Not sure China wants any of that. Worst case, they take on the bag of cats and batshit craziness of the DPRK. Best case, they take on a poverty-ridden country. Better for China to keep status quo - DPRK drives the first world nuts, China looks kinda good in comparison. At some point, the DPRK will poke the wrong bear or hopefully just implode.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2015
  12. whitarnold

whitarnold Bike #137

I was at Camp Schwab for 6 months. E-5 in the USMC... Same as your son. And Pohang Korea. This was not too long ago. The only that you son has to worry about is catching a STD. Or, getting foot fungus at JWTC "Ja WoaaK Tock". Jungle warfare training center.......Camp Schwab is a resort. That is why all the little Jap. Girls vacation there. Like our Hawaii

13. kenessex

He was talking about the jungle warfare training. Did you see lots of snakes? I hope so, he hates snakes. They make him scream and run. How about big spiders and slimey things? He doesn't like them either.

Ken