1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hulu/netflix

Discussion in 'General' started by CWN racing, Jan 15, 2013.

1. CWN racing

CWN racing Well-Known Member

Looking to ditch my 140 a month cable bill and get both of these for the kids. I have small kids and need something for them on the crappy days. I don't watch any tv except racing but I can watch that online. The wife has finally realized she watches useless shit and can do without. I've had Netflix before so I know what that's about but never Hulu. What's the selection like? Esp for kids? I was going to use my ps3 to stream so that's not an issue. cable seems like such a waste of money and the only thing my wife ever does is flip channels looking for something to watch.

2. bEeR

bEeR Hookers & Blow

Netflix has a lot more for the kids. I have a hard time streaming Hulu on my PS3.

3. jdanhires

jdanhires Well-Known Member

Amazon Prime VOD has a decent kids selection, and the user interface on the PS3 is easier to navigate than the Netflix client. At $79/year it's cheaper than Netflix and you get the Prime shipping benefits.

Netflix recently signed a contract with Disney so they have a lot of Disney stuff available for streaming now.

John

4. Joe Morris

Joe Morris Off The Reservation

My wife did this a couple years ago and now that I've become a trained Amazon consumer I think we actually do really well with this. But I'll admit that grocery shopping on Amazon took awhile to sink in.

5. bEeR

bEeR Hookers & Blow

You could always get a Roku as well, just a thought. Unless you have a smart tv, then you really don't need one.

6. TrackStar

TrackStar www.trackstar1.com

We did the Roku thing 2 years ago. It's the way to go. I have a 12 and 4 year old and they dont complain.

7. Hooper

Hooper Well-Known Member

I just got a Roku a few weeks ago and I really like it. So much to watch and so little time... :D

I have a question though. Has anyone figured out how to stream MotoGP through one? I have a subscription but the Roku doesn't have a 'browser' to let me pull up random websites. Any ideas?

8. CRA_Fizzer

CRA_Fizzer Honking at putter!

We are liking the Amazon Prime right now. Works well even over my slow ass 1.5M dsl!