1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/10/14/opinion/rabbit-hole-economics.html?_r=1&src=ISMR_HP

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by H8R, Oct 15, 2011.

1. H8R

H8R Bansgivings in process

2. cannonballcobb

cannonballcobb Registered Offender

What I didn't see in that article was how personal financial responsibility, or lack there of, might have had an impact in limiting the severity of the housing/mortgage crises. What I did see however, was certainly a belief that more government intervention will save the American society from further doom and gloom.

I'm not buying it.

3. H8R

Dangit. Worst title to a thread ever.

4. ductune

ductune Well-Known Member

There are two sides to our brains. Your left side isn't working.

;)

5. RoadRacerX

RoadRacerX Jesus Freak

No doubt about it. You suck at the interwebs. :rolleyes:

6. H8R

I have to fully agree with you on that today.

I wonder if one of the mods will fix it...

7. RoadRacerX

RoadRacerX Jesus Freak

One would have to care first. They are probably very comfortable leaving you to your own suckitude. :crackup:

8. H8R

Yup...all the way until they find a way to make it funny at my expense. :D

Well, I posted it, so I earned it.

9. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I'm still trying to figure out how Paul Krugman ended up in "Get Him to the Greek."

10. H8R

I never saw the movie. I just watched the clip...that was odd.

11. ThrottleAbuse

ThrottleAbuse Will Race for CASH!

Don't worry we are from the government and we are here to help. And no you can't buy this new home that you want and think you can afford. We know better and we will tell you what you can or cannot afford.

12. Shyster d'Oil

Shyster d'Oil Gerard Frommage

I have no problem regulating lenders if their stupidity could, if unregulated, bring down our economy.

And talk about personal resposibility, what about the twits who run the banks?

Maybe it's the right side that's not working. :D

13. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

But you ARE payin' for it.

14. Inquizid

Inquizid Member Well-Known

Fuzzy Math

Attached Files:

15. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

[​IMG]

We are the 99%.

16. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Who wrote that headline, one of the 40%?

17. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

Krugman writes about the rabbit hole because he knows about that rabbit hole from personal experience. How a squirrel got into the rabbit's hole is beyond me though.

As usual, he picks and chooses his points to continue to prove his own point while ignoring points that change his point. (got that?):)

He smilingly blames Bush for the melt down while Clinton is the one that signed the legislation that finally brought on the conditions to cause it in the first place. While it's true that Bush could have made an effort to change those conditions I doubt that he was actually looking for the signs of a meltdown until it was too late to do anything about it. That ship had already sailed. (Ironically that legislation was partially written by a dumbass Republican. Just taking care of his buddies in banking ya see.)

Krugman is kind of like Rush. He doesn't really add a whole lot to the argument beyond a bunch of clever wording. He's fun to read though. :up:

Last edited: Oct 15, 2011
  18. ductune

Yes, Clinton signed it, but Phil Gramm authored it with lots of help from the bank lobby. Damn that Clinton, he should have caught that shit that ended up being ignored by Bush.

See, you can spin it anyway you like but eventually you get back to the fact they're all crooks. Maybe we should all come together and protest. We can call it Occupy Washington.
    No, I don't like camping and someone will call us dirty hippies. Think I'll just put my money in my mattress.

19. ThrottleAbuse

ThrottleAbuse Will Race for CASH!

This is the United States of America. We don't need to occupy anything. We can simply vote in new people if we choose. And there is the problem. People keep picking from the same batch of crooks.

20. ductune

Yep