1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Howza 'bout a 2019 WSBK Silly Season Thread...

Discussion in 'General' started by Steady T, Jul 17, 2018.

1. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Based on this, it may not be binding:

“During recent years, a clear understanding between Ten Kate Racing management and Honda established that any notification of a desire to terminate collaboration between the two parties would need to be made early (i.e. before the World Superbike championship’s summer break). This would allow Ten Kate Racing to explore opportunities for co-operation with other manufacturers and, in a worst case scenario, to manage human resources and potential redundancies within the team."

2. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Is the summer break after the last race of the season? What am I missing?

3. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

No, it's that month or so around August that they don't race.

4. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

About the time that everyone else is firming up plans,in the back rooms, for the next year. So, if it went down like TenKate says, Honda fucked them out of being able to continue operating as any kind of team in World Superbike.

5. Ra.Ge. Raptor

Ra.Ge. Raptor wanna_be_fast

chances are they won't be running next season. half 2019 maybe.

6. Ra.Ge. Raptor

Ra.Ge. Raptor wanna_be_fast

7. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

Well, what did he expect? When your the biggest dog, you become the main target.

8. brex

brex Well-Known Member

Nothing wrong with that. They already CAN beat Kawasaki. They can't beat Rea.

masshole, pscook and stk0308 like this.
  9. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

They can beat Kawasaki? No. But it's funny watching them throw money in desperation lol.

10. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Why am I the only one here wondering why it’s Honda’s fault they declared bankruptcy?

I mean if you’re relying on sponsorship dollars to keep from bankrupt then you might have been doing something wrong...

Maybe Honda saw bad business practices? I don’t know the ins and outs, but the cowboys aren’t gonna quit football if Nike stops sponsoring them... or something along those lines.

Not trying to be dungeony but I can’t be the only one here not blaming Honda.

HotbodiesRacing likes this.
  11. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I don't know the bankruptcy laws and how their business was structured with Honder. What part of Ten Kate declared bankruptcy? All of it? Was it just the race team part? What is the strategy of the bankruptcy? Is it receivership? Liquidation?

Bankruptcy means many different things depending on the type and location. None are good but not all are bad.

418, stk0308 and Robby-Bobby like this.
  12. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

The article states they only went BK on the race team. The dealerships and race parts are not affected.

13. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

So, there you go.

Maybe.

Might be a way to try and recoup some cash.

Or maybe it's also a strategy to recoup some cash and break some other contracts in order to sign some new ones with another party.

Or it could be just a way to close the race team.

F@ck if I know. :D

HotbodiesRacing likes this.
  14. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

Bold was kind of my gut feeling. They likely have contracts out for transport, track rental etc that they have no use for now. Seemed more like a strategic move than anything. But I really have no idea either. They have the knowledge and resources to get back into it eventually, here is to hoping they do.

15. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

What the could be doing is using it to close (example) Ken Kate racing Inc. who have contracts with a bunch of suppliers, tracks, transport companies and Honda EU. Then they could open Ten Kate racing and speedo modeling, LLC who would sign contracts with X, Y and Z. Pretty late in the year to do the LLC with another manufacturer but Inc might be able to get some € out of Honda and use that to get Ten Kate Suzuki up and running for 2020.

Who knows? I don't know the bankruptcy laws in the EU all that well.

16. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

17. buzz-06

buzz-06 Well-Known Member

18. 418

418 Expert #59

So according to the article Honda's putting their championship hopes into a 36 year old Japanese has been.

Makes sense.

They should just all Haga and get it over with.

stk0308 and badmoon692008 like this.
  19. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

In like 1480 something. Christopher Columbus had them on his Pinto when he and his girl friend, Neno (she wrote 99 red ballons), and her fat, orbiting cock blocking friend, Santa Marino discovered America for Spain.

MachineR1 likes this.
  20. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

Since the 1800s.

There's something like 20 Pirelli plants in a dozen countries. Motorcycle race product is made in a German plant, but they are definitely an Italian company.

There's a massive Volkswagen plant in Mexico. Doesn't make VW any less German.

BigBird likes this.