1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How's the guy doing that was life flighted from TGPR?

Discussion in 'General' started by twg, Jun 15, 2004.

1. twg

twg Well-Known Member

I don't know the guy, but I hope he is doing well. Anyone know?

2. Paige

Paige BBS FF Champ

He is fine...he was back at the track on Sunday. :)

3. Photo_Chick

Photo_Chick Leo's Wench!

Yeah, he came back in the next day and bought a CD. He was banged up and bruised but he was fine.

4. Dano

Dano Thread killer for hire

What a Trooper!:up:

5. twg

twg Well-Known Member

Cool, glad to hear that.

6. corvette95

corvette95 Well-Known Member

What happened??????:confused:

7. chassell

chassell Well-Known Member

I'm the guy. I am a 50 year old first year novice and was actually having my best race. The guy in front of me highsided and I went left to avoid nailing him...and nailed his bike instead. I don't know his name, but hope he's ok too. I think he was novice #27. Anyway, I was out for 15-20 minutes and at first couldn't remember what happened, but it came back to me later. I've got bruises, black eye, roadrashed knee, torn tendon in left ring finger and fracture in left middle finger. After being xrayed and catscanned east, west and crooked, I was released from UAB hospital after about 6 hours. I still feel slightly addled and am really sore, but I intend to race again when I can get my bike together and replace my leathers and helmet. I came to the track Sunday because I wanted to express my heartfelt appreciation to all the officials and emergency workers for the job they did. I also want to thank the Lees' and Webster's for packing my stuff and looking after me. I certainly appreciate the concern all of you have shown.

8. No Brakes

No Brakes Well-Known Member

The guy that highsided in front of you was Garrett Smith. It was his first race and he made a rookie mistake by chopping the throttle after the rear stepped out. think he knows better now. His knee doubled in size, but he's doing fine. He felt bad that he caused your accident, glad to hear you were ok. I'll let him know you're doing better.

9. MR-MICROPHONE

MR-MICROPHONE Breakin' the Law!!

NOTE TO SELF:

Stay on the gas if the rear steps out.........? :eek:

10. Photo_Chick

Photo_Chick Leo's Wench!

Garrett is a really nice guy too. Glad both of you are ok