1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how will this covid affect race turnouts when we get back to racing

Discussion in 'General' started by ahastings, Apr 6, 2020.

1. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Don’t blame me, blame the 4yr old! Should have never taught her how to use the Roku remote!

StaccatoFan likes this.
  2. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

Damned 4 year olds!!

They're a threat to society.

3. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Damn kid is a threat to my beauty sleep. She’s been gnawing on a pizza for the past 2 hrs!

4. SpeedyTide

SpeedyTide 'Bama's Bad Boy

Sounds like a dayum good gig you have going, despite current circumstances. Best of luck on-going!

GarrettRick likes this.
  5. pjzocc

pjzocc Well-Known Member

I work in health care so it's business as "usual" for me income-wise (thank God). If I survive - literally - this healthcare crisis, I plan on racing once the quarantine loosens. Bike prep is carrying on as if I'm still heading to the track in May (doubtful that it's going to happen) so when we DO get back to the track, I'm not rushing last-minute. If they lift the ban on Thursday, I'll be ready to leave Friday morning.

I think once this crisis lifts, you'll see people eager to get back to normalcy: I think restaurants and bars will be flooded (those establishments that can survive this), and movie theaters will be full, etc. I hope this will also translate to racing/track days for those of us fortunate enough to still have a normal income. I think attendance #s will be down, but I don't think it's going to be a ghost town at events. People want to race, and they'll figure out a way.

MELK-MAN likes this.
  6. Trainwreck

Trainwreck I could give a heck

I already had all the money budgeted for 2020 season.. I have not lost any work or hours (i have actually worked 10-12+ hour days for the last 20 days in a row.) If anything, i am saving a lot more because of not being able to go anywhere.. I'm hoping to slide in more STT days in between my races, as I know it will help tracks/orgs if they can get more people. Hopefully it also helps my skills grow lol.

TBH I am super fortunate, my employer has actually increased its sales and business during this ordeal.

7. Hotfoot

Hotfoot Well-Known Member

I'll be right back in on racing and trackdays as soon as they start running again.