1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How was VIR

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by Tri-309, Aug 19, 2001.

1. Tri-309

Tri-309 Well-Known Member

I know most of you are back so fill me in on the weekend. I hope the weather was decent? Tim

2. RZ Racer

RZ Racer It passed tech LAST time!

Missed a good one! Good turn-out, good weather(mostly),good competition. Can't really call the other races because I was in them all. Buff won one and crashed in the second one(v1?) Roper is by far, the most talented person I've ever been on the track with. Richard Lucas won frd, I was second and Gene Lucas was third. I dns'd f500 when the bike became a rd 175 on the warm up lap. Richard lucas led most of f500 and buff was leading his class. Roper came from behind after screwing up his start(bike in neutral).On the lap that he caught buff, buff didn't come around. One lap later, Roper caught and passed Lucas and Phil Bush got by for the win in f500. Disgust (not really much time either)kept me from finding out what the problem was with the rd, but I'll be tearing it all the way down while you're tearing up tgpr. Race three had a small shower on the warm up lap that ended when the green flag flew. Somthing brought out the red flag and the track was already starting to dry while we were coming around so it wasn't really a wet race. I got the holeshot, but steven shaul passed me between 1&2. I followed him for three laps till it looked 100% dry and then took the lead for the class win, but Roper won the overall. Unlike Summit, here I managed to keep him in sight after he passed me. Frank won v4, Stauber was 3rd, Mark was 4th, can't remember who was second(Marshall?). Had a good race with Frank and Keneth George in v5. Got passed again in between 1& 2 by Frank this time but he had a little bobble out of 5 letting me back by into 6. First time up the front straight, Ken came by and he was flying! I put my head down and after 3 laps had gotten right up on his back wheel. He blew his drive off the final turn going onto the fourth lap. I went by and opened a teeny-weeny gap that I held to the finish Dropped 2 sec off of my previous best lap! I think Marshall won v3, but my brain was pretty much mush due to an all-nighter fri. Sorry you missed it, have fun @ tgpr and I'll try to make cmp.
    Mark

3. Cyclephoto

Cyclephoto Well-Known Member

We had a great event. I've got to put a transmission in the BMW. It blew in the V4 race, I was racing with Charlie Cole for second when it let go. See ya at Talladega.
    Mark

4. boaide

boaide Well-Known Member

5. Diesel

Diesel Well-Known Member

The weather was good... the track is fantastic!! Definitely my favorite!! Very technical and a lot of fun. I only got a second in CLW... geared WAAAAY too low. I dropped a valve during CMW which essentially put an end to my season. I won't have the time or money to build a motor within the next few weeks so the GNF may be my only race left.

Despite that, it was a great event and can't wait for the next one.