1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how to hotwire my 04 gsxr600

Discussion in 'Tech' started by Woodwardparts, Feb 22, 2005.

1. Handicapped Racer

Handicapped Racer Well-Known Member

yeah right matter of fact i'll start a poll on the general forum, i won't be no where near the championship running.

lost no weight i think im at 280 right now!:(

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

How to for thieves involves - step one, steal bike. Since that isn't listed here it looks to me like it's just another helpful thing for racers.

3. Dragginass

Dragginass Well-Known Member

Thieves are too stupid to hotwire bikes, they'll just jam a screwdriver in the ingnition. And for those worried about the info, its been on gixxer.com and tons of other forums for years, its not new information, so I seriously doubt us banning it here would do any good.

4. sculptor666

sculptor666 Well-Known Member

ignition diagram from my sv (all suzukis?)
    [​IMG]

5. Woodwardparts

Woodwardparts Well-Known Member

ok guys... running into trouble.... colors dont match up...

my colors are:
    orange
    brown
    red- theres 2 of them
    Black w/ yellow tracer
    Orang w/ yellow tracer
    orange w/ green tracer

any help would be appreciated.

6. Handicapped Racer

well since you are doing it, actually amazed, the 04 600 is slightly different! i'm a little hung over rignt now so around 12 i'll pm you the rest of info for the 04!

7. Woodwardparts

Woodwardparts Well-Known Member

great... thanks.

i am doing it because i want to get it running so i can put it up here for sale to one of you racers that wants a trackbike... but need to have it run first.

ill have an ignition and key set for it soon..but i want to get it running asap. thanks

8. GrahamB

GrahamB Well-Known Member

On an 04 600.... and long ago on a 96 750. Basically the same idea, it took me about 3 mins to figure with a multi-meter. If the thieves haven't worked it out by now they never will.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2005
  9. gsxrsrad1000

gsxrsrad1000 Well-Known Member

I agree also, I was looking for something like this because I have a salvage insurance bike I purchased and needed a way to by pass since I had no key. This bike is being used strictly for the track and I did not want a key. Any how, I was looking for an explination because the one thing I did not do was the resistance thing, so that saved me a lot of time and head ache. Thats why these forums are so crucial to do-it-yourselfers.

I can understand the worry about theives reading this stuff, but lets face it, a theif will always find a way, wether it reading forums or giving someone money to tell them or whatever have you. People like myself that work on bikes ourselves, save countless time when we have questions and someone on these forums are able to help us. I guess its a catch 22, but I appreciate all the help everyone gives me and all the knowledge that is documented.

10. Handicapped Racer

hey do you still need the wiring harness set up i tottally forgot about it!

11. G2G

G2G I feel the need

Back in the day you use to be able to stick a needle through the 4 or so wires that were coming out of the ignition and then press the start button and BINGO you have yourself a running bike. No damage to anything. I did this to my old FZ 600 when I was in the miltary and lost my key.

12. GSXR600

GSXR600 Well-Known Member

give me a break guys. This info is all over the web. If someone don't get it here, they will get it someplace else.

Stealing the bike is not legal......this is LEGAL, so there should be no problem posting it.

Give me a break, some of you guys are taking this to an extreme.

Insure your bike, and don't worry about it. If it gets stollen your covered.........and as others have said. Not likely you will find a guy in your garage with a solder gun doing this to steal your bike.

I guess it should be wrong to post how to pop my mustang locks unlocked when i lock my keys in it too?????

I vote for keeping it available. Hell i will host it on my web page.