1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to Extend Fuel Range on XR100

Discussion in 'Mini Racing' started by NoMad7700, Nov 28, 2016.

1. NoMad7700

NoMad7700 Member

I'm doing an endurance race soon and am looking to extend the range of xr100 by 30 more minutes. Right now, it will last up to 2 hours, but I need a full tank to last 2.5 hours. Is it possible to put an crf150 fuel tank on the bike, or add an auxiliary tank somehow?

Has anyone done this in the past?

2. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

What year 100? The 2000 and prior have larger tanks to begin with.

3. NoMad7700

NoMad7700 Member

It is an 03. Will the 2000 and prior gas tank fit on the 2001+ bike?

4. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

I have a 2000 and a 2002. I'll look tomorrow if someone doesn't beat me to it, but I believe they mount the same.

You get more storage from the lack of "radiator" shrouds.

5. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

The seat may fit weird (or not at all) too

6. NoMad7700

NoMad7700 Member

7. NoMad7700

NoMad7700 Member

Never mind on my last post. Just found out I can't add an auxilary fuel tank to my bike for the race. But, I can switch fuel tanks, as long as it's a stock xr100 fuel tank I'm switching to.

8. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Just pull a Smokey Yunick, and run a bunch of fuel line through the frame...

TurboBlew likes this.
  9. Rising

Rising Well-Known Member

^
    ...and a huge fuel filter; maybe a couple of them.

10. NoMad7700

NoMad7700 Member

lol, I think we're stuck with just the normal tank size

11. hrc_nick_11

hrc_nick_11 Well-Known Member

Heat gun and compressed air.

12. hrc_nick_11

hrc_nick_11 Well-Known Member

Water and a freezer!

13. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

My bike was able to run at herrins for straight 2hrs on a tank of fuel running 45/46/47s.
    Stock motored bike with a 105 main & functioning stock petcock. Between the reserve, a longer fuel line, and filling the tank to the top of the neck... you should be able to run 2 1/4 hrs easy mid pack pace. Unless you are in top physical form... might be tough to go longer than an hour stint if the rules allow it.

14. NoMad7700

NoMad7700 Member

Last time when I ran a 24 hr race, we did 1 hr sessions, but I was running my fastest laps the last half hour (I guess I got in the groove). I was able to go for a while longer also. Ideally, I'd like to run 2.5 hour sessions, but the bike was barely making 2 hours doing the 24 hr race. I am a bigger guy (200#), so I believe I'm spending more gas as well.

We'll just have to go with the 2 hr sessions, or maybe less, depending on how we decide to split this 7.5 hr upcoming race.