1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How quick are you at removing wheels from a car?

Discussion in 'General' started by zertrider, May 3, 2019.

1. zertrider

zertrider Waiting for snow. Or sun.

2. crusty9r

crusty9r Human Lawn Dart

Battery powered impacts make light work and the only reason they used blocks was to keep their jack.

TurboBlew likes this.
  3. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

The cops should be looking at any recent out of work Nascar pit crew guys. Gotta say I like their method of blocking the car in the middle like that. Very efficient.

TurboBlew and GRH like this.
  4. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

Pretty ingenious how they knew where to place the wood blocks so that when they removed the jack after removing the front wheels it would automatically raise the rear of the car, at least for those sedans.....

5. NemesisR6

Oh, and $100K value for 31 sets of OEM rims/tires may be retail value, but they'll turn those around and be lucky to get half that.

I just purchased a brand new set of 20" rims/tires for my F150 w/the premium Michelin tires. Dealer would have charged me $3,500. Shipped to my door from California to Florida for $1,500.

TurboBlew likes this.
  6. zertrider

Hmmm, stolen perhaps?

Wingnut and Phl218 like this.
  7. NemesisR6

[​IMG]

From eBay seller advertised as trade-in rims for a wheel-tire shop.

Wingnut, Phl218 and Chris like this.
  8. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

Funny timing as I'm in need of new tires for my truck. Browsing kijiji I've come across a couple ads for new take offs that seem like appealing prices. Never thought they might be warm to the touch.

9. YamRZ350

YamRZ350 Nicorette Dependent

The news report I saw last night said from looking at the security footage, they did this all in less than an hour.

10. guzziguy

guzziguy Well-Known Member

dynamite is quicker

11. Lawdog78

Lawdog78 Well-Known Member

I always wonder how nobody notices these things happening. Even if they were quick, somebody for sure was on the road and would have noticed something you would think? We had a local power equipment dealer get cleaned out a few years ago. People brought a U-haul and parked it on the side of the building, 100 feet off the busiest road in the county and stayed there for hours stealing stuff. Never caught them!

12. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

They must have had a decent sized truck or trailer to put them in, that's a pretty big pile.

13. NemesisR6

Happens all the time around here.

Landscaping business down the street from me got hit a few months ago. Dudes backed up a uhaul and no less than 8 guys sprung out, pried open the garage door and took everything that wasn't nailed down or too heavy. Countless trimmers, blowers, edgers, chainsaws, etc. While it sucked, watching the surveillance video was amazing.......these guys moved like an F1 pit crew and were in and out in less than 2 minutes. Owner thinks at least 1 or 2 involved were current or former employees, because they knew EXACTLY what to grab, the most vulnerable entry, and how to exploit it.

14. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Efficient? Who cares? They are still shitbums.

15. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

just imagine how fast they can stamp license plates or stuff envelopes...lol

Sabre699 likes this.
  16. BSA43

BSA43 Well-Known Member

They left at least one set of jack stands behind.

17. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

This. Just the logistics of it is staggering. And who wants those crappy oem wheels? Body shops?

18. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

People mounting snow tires want them. People that bend wheels on nasty pot holes want them. People that get their wheels stolen want them.

Unlike stealing wheels off cars on the street, these are all brand new and probably not installed with wheels locks. If the wheel locks are already on there how could the dealership charge you $150 for them. Wheel locks should be standard equipment for any OEM wheel that costs more than $400, but the dealers wouldn't like that.

19. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

what blocks did they put them up on? I can't tell from the picture.

31 sets x 4 per set = 124 wheels @ 20(?) pounds each = 2500lbs, probably more, so they had to have thrown them in some kind of Sprinter van or rental truck, no?

20. zertrider

Read the story. rented U-haul seen on camera.