1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How much NF4 stuff bolts onto an NX4?

Discussion in '2-Stroke Machines' started by Racer156, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Racer156

Racer156 Member

Hey, sorry if this is an over post, but I have a nx4 frame and there are a couple nf4s near me for sale in the under 3k range. I haven’t seen an NF4 up close for ....dam I can’t remember ...15 years? Anyway, will the forks/engine/etc swap over? I’m guessing this is a stupid question and the answer is ‘no’ but I searched around and couldn’t find an answer on the interwebs. I’m sure one guy in the mid-90s must have tried it when the new nx4s came out. Let me know.

2. parillaguy

parillaguy vintage+GP racer

With enough money and time anything can be made to fit. My Two cents advice is that starting off with just a frame is likely not worth the effort. Buy the best NF4 and put some time into making it the best NF4. Suspension has come a long way since the early 1990s, spend your extra bucks on an aftermarket fork and Ohlins shock. Improve the brakes (caliper+master). Do an airbox and new style bodywork and spend the rest of your budget on tires and extra track time.

3. Racer156

Racer156 Member

Yea I figured that was the answer. I don’t really want an NF4, I just didn’t want the NX4 frame to go to waste and I can’t bring myself to cut it up for a swap. I thought if the answer was “yea everything bolts right on except the rear shock” then I could make a reasonable plan.

I guess I’ll just keep it as a spare for my 2004 NX4